You can type here any text you want

AEM wideband replace

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hensleyt

How often should I replace my 02 sensor?
Its a AEM 30-4100
I use TT 6.1 chip ,spraying ALKY
Its 4 years old with 2K miles.
It looks like it working ,BLMs stay 128 +-10 all the time even at full-throttle

Any time you are using a wideband to control fuel, you need to pay more attention to it.
The amount of time it lasts can vary greatly depending on operating conditions.
Here's an example: Cold starts have "dirtier" exhaust. A car that does many cold starts, or just runs for a couple minutes and shuts off, will have a shorter life.
They key is to monitor your correction (like you are doing), and if it starts changing from your norm, then take a closer look.
For guys that don't really monitor stuff like that, they might consider changing the sensor once a year (just as a rough guide).

The good thing is that when the sensors start to go bad, at WOT they will almost always read too lean. So the correction will go up and the AFR gets richer (safer).

Thank you Eric for your time.
I never start the car unless I'm going to drive it for 5+ miles and get it up to temp and on the road at some highway speed

should be good for 100000km or more if you are nice to it if it was an innovate controller ide say have a spare on hand at all times they eat sensors LOL

Back