aero turbine muffler

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
so I was discussing exhaust set up with fellow member and I thought about my muffler I put on my diesel truck for its performance
if I was every to just have strictly a race car I think this might be pretty interesting and a challenge to make it work because of size and who knows what else, but they do make some smaller ones that I have seen on import turbo cars
the aero turbine muffler was specifically created for turbo engines especially diesels because well a diesel is all about air in and air out
so this muffler creates a Venturi effect which actually pulls exhaust out of an engine , I wonder if anyone has tried one of these on our motors

Interesting. Only issue I see is they are 6" round and that might be a problem for ground clearance for where they have to sit on our cars.

they have smaller sizes that one in video is a big one like the one I put on my trucks 3inch exhaust but I had plenty of room they got em all the way up to fit 5 inch pipe:eek:
their smallest one is for 2.5 pipe its bulb is 3.3 " in diameter
anyways pretty cool stuff

Yep, I’ve been running these for the last seven years. They replaced my ATR pit bulls that rotted out. I am running there 2.5” mufflers with the existing ATR pipes. Yes, they do drone abit at 2000ish rpms with no catalytic converter. They have a throaty sound and they get LOUD at wot..impressive .

Yep, I’ve been running these for the last seven years. They replaced my ATR pit bulls that rotted out. I am running there 2.5” mufflers with the existing ATR pipes. Yes, they do drone abit at 2000ish rpms with no catalytic converter. They have a throaty sound and they get LOUD at wot..impressive .
post a clip or a pic or two if you get a chance thx

Yeah, that's good to know. How would you compare the sound/tone to the Ole pitbulls?

Interesting. Only issue I see is they are 6" round and that might be a problem for ground clearance for where they have to sit on our cars.
my mistake you were right pronto the actual mufflers are 6" in diameter all of them
they have tips and resonators that are smaller

The Pitbulls had a great sound but, also had drone as well. They were aluminized steel and just didn’t hold up. The Aero Turbine mufflers are stainless and are a really quality piece. I think they have a better sound at WOT for sure.

The Pitbulls had a great sound but, also had drone as well. They were aluminized steel and just didn’t hold up. The Aero Turbine mufflers are stainless and are a really quality piece. I think they have a better sound at WOT for sure.
Wow...that's saying something. I will definitely keep this in mind when it's time for me to replace my pitbulls.

x10 on everything scgnx2 said. He turned me on to these mufflers and they turned out to be one of the best additions I have made to my car. Over the years I went through Magnaflow's, Dynomax, RC's GNX exhaust mufflers, and a few others in search of the right sound. They are a bit loud especially at WOT and they drone, as mentioned, so they may not be everyone's cup of tea. But for those looking for the next Pitbulls you're not looking for a quiet muffler anyway. Can't say that I believe or benefited from their "airfoil technology" marketing mumbo-jumbo. I just know it is a straight-through muffler, which is most important to me, and they sound badass and are very well made to boot.

l saw 2-3 MPG gain on my cummins when I installed 7 years ago and another 3 with a tuner (Smarty junior ) getting 18/19 MPG
with big ass 3/4 ton truck :D

How bout a sound clip guys?
My motor is out and I don't expect it back for a while, unfortunately. I did send a vid to 1986 Buick GX1 several months ago but it was just at idle so probably not much to glean from it.. Maybe after I drop the new motor in?

Wish I had some pics and clips, but it’s in storage for the winter and it’s not nearby.
I will say they fit underneath the body with no clearance issues on a 2.5” system.

My motor is out and I don't expect it back for a while, unfortunately. I did send a vid to 1986 Buick GX1 several months ago but it was just at idle so probably not much to glean from it.. Maybe after I drop the new motor in?

Thank you for the reminder.
I hope this works.

Here are the links for those interested.
Resonated style below, but they also offer non resonated that are 20" length and 7 - 7.5 lbs. https://www.parleysdieselperformance.com/t/categories/exhaust/mufflers?page=2

AT2525XL

2.5" In / Out
26" Length
6" Width
6" Height
10 lbs

https://www.parleysdieselperformanc...urbine-xl-series-performance-muffler-at2525xl

AT3030XL

3" In / Out
26" Length
6" Width
6" Height
10 lbs

https://www.parleysdieselperformanc...urbine-xl-series-performance-muffler-at3030xl

AT3535XL

3.5" In / Out
26" Length
6" Width
6" Height
10 lbs

https://www.parleysdieselperformanc...xl-series-performance-diesel-muffler-at3535xl

AT4040XL

4" In / Out
26" Length
6" Width
6" Height
10 lbs

https://www.parleysdieselperformanc...urbine-xl-series-performance-muffler-at4040xl

It would be interesting to see a back to back dyno test of these on a 450-600 rwhp Turbo Buick, no doubt representing 90% of us. The science behind the design looks solid, but the Width, aka thickness at 6" looks to be the limiting factor. I'm not even sure if there's enough room to put one of these in the test pipe / cat location. To me, that would be the best spot as it's the closest to the turbo you can get on a standard downpipe configuration.
Very interesting and thanks for the heads up on these.
Got me thinking.

:unsure::cool:

-Patrick-

Last edited: