aftermarket manifold???

NCHATCH

hey all i want to ditch my draw thru set up but am boggled on where to buy just an aftermarket type in take manif. of course summit and jegs wont have anything for the 231, is there a place that sells something like an edelbrock??

miike

Why are you getting rid of the turbo? Jeg's & Summit sell Edelbrock intakes & cam kits or maybe that was Holley. Some makes them.

I have a Holley 4-barrel intake but it’s for the smaller port intake.

im not getting rid of the turbo, im going to a blow thryu setup and need just a regular intake manifold, but would like something a little more than a factory 231 type

Use a 4.1 Q-Jet manifold. Although it has tapered secondaries incorporated into the manifold, these could be machined. I would use and open carb spacer to at least get some of the effect of a single plane manifold.

You could modify a Q-Jet for blow thru or use a spread bore Holly, or when using a spacer adapt basically any carb.

Found this link in JEG'S

"http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=109617&prmenbr=361"

go with the edelbrock performer intake.i originally i had the 4.1 intake and it was ok,then i was given a holley dominator intake and it worked good but it was a single plane intake.so i got a performer intake and that worked great.:D