You can type here any text you want

Air bags

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

just plain john

El Camino a Go-Go!
Are they woth it on a street car? How long until they leak? I've got the rear out so now would be the time to do it, I'm just not sure it's necessary.

I only put them in because I was getting tire hop at the track when using Nittos - when driving on the street all of the air is out of the bags. I have had my air bags for over 5 years with no leaks.

Maybe this is an apple to oranges comparison. I have the pigtail style springs (El Camino/LC2 hybrid). Are bags effective in this application?

Small pigtail at either end, much larger diameter between the two ends. As I said, this is not a Regal. Don't they have the same diameter the whole lenght of the spring?

sorry to hijack, but have a question...is it safe to let all the air out of the airbags?...is it possible it would get pinched or something? :confused:

I'm sorry, I don't know if they will work with a pigtail spring.

I let the air out of mine when I am not at the track and they have been installed over 5 years without an issue.

Back