You can type here any text you want

air fuel egt question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Otto J

i ran my car the other day,my fast is setup to run 11.2 air fuel ratio,which from what i understandis pretty rich,BUT anyone know why my EGT would be as high as 1670? could it be to rich? the probe is just below the turbo,i hear no detonation but wonder if the car is running to rich or not
Js\ust asking for some input , i dont want to lean it out and blow it up. as far as fuel pumps go i do have twin in tanks with stock lines
Thanks Otto
also- the car runs fine and as no problem making power ,ran 10.91 with 21 #s of boost

I dont know that its your case, but low timing and too rich can cause high EGT as the fuel is burning later in the combustion event and/or the final burn could be done in the exh manifold....right Grumpy? :)

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
i ran my car the other day,my fast is setup to run 11.2 air fuel ratio,which from what i understandis pretty rich,BUT anyone know why my EGT would be as high as 1670? could it be to rich? the probe is just below the turbo,i hear no detonation but wonder if the car is running to rich or not
Js\ust asking for some input , i dont want to lean it out and blow it up. as far as fuel pumps go i do have twin in tanks with stock lines
Thanks Otto
also- the car runs fine and as no problem making power ,ran 10.91 with 21 #s of boost

What do the plugs look like?.
Where did you get the 11.2 from?.

EGT is about how close you are to the termal limits of the engine, it's more about how far off you are, then what exactly the problem is. And off being what your particular engines sweet spot is, some like 1400 while others like 1700.

The only way to actually see into a combustion chamber is by reading plugs.

If your quoted AFR is from programming that is a commanded AFR, and may or may not be even close to what the engine is actually running.

Ive just be making fatter and fatter to bring down the exhaust temps,that is why i set it at 11.2 to1 and tuned around it,i never hear any sort of detonation,but i am relying on the exhaust temps for tuning and figure 1650 is just a bit higher than ive been told is safe,but at the safe rate i believe that is also runnning the car to rich
Otto

Back