You can type here any text you want

Air/Fuel Mixture

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aaron

This is a dumb question but im kinda new at this. Anyways, i have a 87 GN and its running extremely rich and im fouling out plugs but i cant figure out what i need to do to change it. Somebody help!

Do you have a scanmaster or some type of scanner?

Are you getting any codes?

i havnt got the scanmaster yet i was given this other scanner but the plug i needed to use it is missing so right now i have no way of testing it.

its an otc moniter 2000... i dont know much about it i just know it was free

Do you have a boost/vac gauge? What does it read at warm idle? Check the fuel pressure at rail? What is it reading? What plugs are you using?

no boost/vac gauge just boost, the fuel pressure at the rail is reading 43 psi with the hose off and its just standard plugs right now because the plugs keep getting fouled out
heres a list of what was in it and that ive put in it when i bought it

TRW Forged Pistons
.030 overbore
New Valve Springs
Balanced and Polished
High Volume Oil Pump
New Water Pump
Front Mount Intercooler
Postons Headers
2.5 Inch Down Pipe
Cheetah stage 3 Turbo With Stock Housing
ATR 2.5 Inch Exhaust.
LS1 maf with translator

Did this problem just start all of a sudden or has it been ongoing? Did you change something before this problem showed up? Are your translator settings correct?

it seems like its slowly progressing and all my buddies tell me different stories. then someone tolld me about here today so here i am and i was reading on the paperwork for the translator and i have the turbotweak chip so the first three pins go on thats what i did. someone told me that the maf might be the problem so thats why i went to that but it hasnt gotten better. i was also told that the tps also could change the a/f ratio but i dont have a clue what to do on the tps to change it so i left it alone

Psi

well I would start with lowering your idle fuel pressure to about 38-39 or less with hose off and go from there .It is a starting point ..:cool:

i started lowering it today and testing it i will continue to check it through the week hopefully it straightens itself out by doing this

OTC2000 is better then nothing. You could at least pull any codes and set up the basics. Maybe look in the consol and glovebox for the plug? Is it maybe already on the port? Just throwing a couple ideas out there. :biggrin:

If you suspect the maf, unplug it and see how it runs. ;)

Get a Scanmaster. Your TPS is most likely off and in turn so is your IAC. The Scanmaster will help you get everything in check and also give you a way to monitor knock.

thats what i was thinkin instead of messing around with it im just going to get the scanmaster. is there a certain type i need to get because im seeing different ones for different applications

well i just ordered the scanmaster it should be here in a couple of days... hope i can get everything straightened out

Back