pics

Attachments

• IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 137
good pics, take some from the sides also.

The MAF looks correct.

There are some ground wires on the back of the passenger side of the engine. If they are loose or corroded the engine can run poorly, although I'm not sure about pig rich.

Since there is an aftermarket turbo on there, the injectors may not be stock. With non-stock injectors, you need a matching chip in the ECM.

Pull the ECM out and take a pic of it and the chip in it (under an access panel on the ECM)

When you turn the key on, the check engine light should go On..Off..On as the ECM wakes up. The light should go back out once the engine starts. If this sequence isn't happening, the ECM may be out to lunch and the engine may be running on the ECM's backup circuits.

Looking forward to more pics.

Bob

the car wont even start it almost starts but no go.

Attachments

• IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMAG0073.jpg
    IMAG0073.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 131
Can you please pull a spark plug out and connect a plug wire on it and watch for sprak spark as you crank it, ground the plug base on something metal.

The spark can be intermittent though, which would be a bad sign. Personally I think you fuel is no good if its been sitting a year. I suggest you drain the tank out and put fresh gas in and charge the batery up fully and new plugs in, if they are full of gas again. But with the amount of rust under that hood BOB could be right its a bad corroded ground somewhere. but you need fresh gas and a full battery before you do anything. But it can't hurt to look at the ecm and connections and chip too right now.

I put new gas with a little old and octaine booster you think its the old gas? I got it started the first day I got it but now it won't run at all

I'm not saying thats the problem 100% but wet plugs only get wet from no compression, weak spark, too much fuel from the chip/ecm problems or bad fuel that won't ignite, or improper spark timing.

ya for sure i see what your saying. man i just want to get this thing running its just rotting in my garage i have not taken it for a cruz once yet!

get some pics of the ecm and chip for us to look at

I put new gas with a little old and octaine booster you think its the old gas? I got it started the first day I got it but now it won't run at all

How well did it run at that time?

Have you touched the Cam sensor? Its the small round 'stump' where the distributor would be, behind the alternator. If its out of time, you will get spark and fuel, but it will not start (because its sparking on the wrong cylinders)

Also, the plug wire assignments are molded into the coil pack, make sure you have the plug wires going to the right cylinders.

Do you have any way to scan the ECM for codes?

Bob

the chip is plugged into the 'computer' (ECM), its behind a rectangular panel on the side of the ECM.

The ECM is behind the passenger side 'kick panel' by the passengers feet .

You should be able to pull the kick panels apart with your hands.

Assuming all the parts on the car are the 'correct' parts, then the problem is most likely something minor. What is your approximate location, there may be a board member that is local to you that could 'lay hands' on the engine and convince it to run. (never mind, I see 'Santa Cruz)

Bob

i never touched the cam sensor when it ran it ran rough so it did seem like a timing issue. this stuff is crazy back when i had my 68 maro it was much more simple to work on.

we got the car from my ladys mom she had it for like 2 years or so before we got it from her it ran fine from what she said. but she let it sit in the woods in washington for a year with out starting it one time. the guy that had the car and built it is this dude named justin merdoc his dad owns the dole fruit company. so at one time i know it had some tlc it just needs some help. i cant wait to get sideways in it!!!

Sitting can really cause alot of problems. Don't panic you will need to listen and do one step at a time to get it running. Step 1 start with new gas God knows what sludge is in the tank.

for sure i will do what ever you guys say im stoked people that know everything about the car i can talk to. i talk to some techs around here they didnt know crap.

the car wont even start it almost starts but no go.

from the one pic, it looks like they may be stock injectors.

A couple more things to try:

1 is the check engine light doing what I said it should do?

2 try seeing if the engine will start with the MAF unplugged.

3 dig out the ECM and look for corrosion