You can type here any text you want

Alcohol

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
I decided to run alky in the Buick:D
I ordered 500Lbs injectors from Mike Moran and a good filter. The rest of my fuel system is already good to go for alky.... Aeromotive hex drive pump,12 gallon fuel cell,-20 feed line,-12 into two -10 to fuel rails,Areomotive regulator with two -10 in and -12 back to the tank.

http://www.moranmotorsports.com/products/catalog/images/injectorpix.jpg

http://www.moranmotorsports.com/products/catalog/images/fuelfilterassemb.jpg

Cool! Another PURE Alky burner!

You went pretty big with the fuel lines. Is that because you might add some nitro later?

Can't wait to hear some reports!

Its all your falt i went with alcohol:rolleyes:
Now i need to get your number so i can pick your brain:D
The large lines are for when i add 2 more cylinders:biggrin: I planed on converting over to alky when i started this build. I ran into some IC problems and decided to just ditch it and run alky:rolleyes: The price of a good liquid IC system and all the plumbing,plus mounting and install was more than converting to alky;) Plus it drops alot of weight off the nose..

Its all your falt i went with alcohol:rolleyes:
Now i need to get your number so i can pick your brain:D
The large lines are for when i add 2 more cylinders:biggrin: I planed on converting over to alky when i started this build. I ran into some IC problems and decided to just ditch it and run alky:rolleyes: The price of a good liquid IC system and all the plumbing,plus mounting and install was more than converting to alky;) Plus it drops alot of weight off the nose..
Anything you need.

Keep in mind that you might want that weight to keep the front end down.

WOW 500s. Are they readily available now? At PRI I saw several sets that were empty on the inside and the wait was..........

WOW 500s. Are they readily available now? At PRI I saw several sets that were empty on the inside and the wait was..........
He makes them on request and i should have them by next week;)
The cool thing is Mike Moran owns a Stage 2 Buick and has owned it sense new in 87. I asked if the Buick GN was the car that got him hooked on turbo charging. He said yes and went on to say he made more money racing with that car than any other :smile:

500s? You shoulda went with the 550s ;)

If you wanna step up to a KAM system for the engine management, give me a call. We're a dealer but the thing is so expensive, I dont advertise much because it's out of most Buick guy's price range.

With 500s, depending on the BSFC you end up having to use, you'll have 1500 to 2500hp. Hmmm. That sounds like a fair start to me. :eek:

What fuel pressure are these injectors rated at?

With 500s, depending on the BSFC you end up having to use, you'll have 1500 to 2500hp. Hmmm. That sounds like a fair start to me. :eek:

What fuel pressure are these injectors rated at?

350-600 lb/hr MRE INJECTORS
PART # MRE 500
Static Flow Rate = 500
Impedence = Low
Resistance = 2.4
Fuel Pressure Rating = 90.0 psi
Nozzle Style = Pintel
Spray Angle = Large Fog w/Semi-Cone Pattern

If you wanna step up to a KAM system for the engine management, give me a call. We're a dealer but the thing is so expensive, I dont advertise much because it's out of most Buick guy's price range.

Do you take food stamps LOL

350-600 lb/hr MRE INJECTORS
PART # MRE 500
Static Flow Rate = 500
Impedence = Low
Resistance = 2.4
Fuel Pressure Rating = 90.0 psi
Nozzle Style = Pintel
Spray Angle = Large Fog w/Semi-Cone Pattern

What sort of max duty cycle, if any?
What's the suggested fuel pressure operating range and limit?
Is there a rebuild cycle time?

My work number is (619) 258-4240. I'm available anytime to talk car stuff. ;)

Jay I am not familiar with the KAM system. How is it better then a Motec or even an XFI? What does it do that the other dont? Thanx...

Mike Moran doesn't have a problem running in the 5's with the BS3 system. :biggrin:

PM me your #. My old phone died and all the #'s with it. I have some issues regarding BS3 not logging with the car running and it's on more than 1 box.

Back