You can type here any text you want

Alignment Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
Awhile ago, I tried to get the alignment done on my car and I was told they couldn't do it because the car was too old. I was wondering if they could use the alignment specs from the later G-body cars IE a TR 84-87, Cutlass Supreme, Salon, Monte Carlo, Etc. Would that work or were they just trying to get my car out of their shop?

They probibly didn't know how to align it kid. Most of the shops now don't have anyone that can understand anything but "set the toe and let it go". Sad to say but true. See if you can find a shop that has an older tech in it and he should be able to do it.

They probibly didn't know how to align it kid. Most of the shops now don't have anyone that can understand anything but "set the toe and let it go". Sad to say but true. See if you can find a shop that has an older tech in it and he should be able to do it.

well, this was at my Tech school. Ill call some other shops and see what they say...

The alignment is done by shims and a real thought process. Most newer techs dont like dealing with shims. They would rather set the toe and let it go. Our cars are a little involved.

Most shops don't want to deal with our cars
Here in Ct. They have a set price at most shops to do alinments
Took more than 1 hour to do the job
Good thing I bring all my cars and work cars to the same shop
I replaced the front end with UMI upper and lowers
When they got done needed no shimes
But the shop put two guys on it
They had to work for a change:eek:

I appreciate the link charlie, but this is NO drag car... maybe in 2 years with alot of work. Good info and will definetly pass it on to some lowrider guys i know.

Read the whole thread! I included specs for street car as well kid.:biggrin:

Back