Alky Control Pump

Regulator23

Looks like my roughly year and a half old pump is leaking, and for who knows how long as it was evaporating before I could notice the leak, As a matter of fact, if I was not replacing silicone hoses on my intercooler, I may not have noticed the leak.
The pump's motor seems top be working fine, and a rebuild seems overkill for a likely gasket failure.
It's probably taboo to ask this here, but has anyone tore open one of these pumps?

unsure on which pump you have.. but I have replaced many of these diaphragms on my spot spraying pumps which are surflo brand which is the same pumps used in most alky systems here are a couple links for repair GL

https://shop.farmchem.com/product/94-395-06/

Last edited:
A pump probably needs an annual rebuild whether you use it or not. That alcohol is some nasty stuff and hard on seals and such. Way cheaper than some more major probs that can arise if the pump doesn't function correctly.

Thanks for the insight and the suggestions.
I'm going to buy a new pump from Alky Control but think I am going to open this one up and see if it is user friendly to rebuild.

as long as the motor is good its really simple three screws and you'll see ...be careful for leaks

I check mine alot to make sure its not leaking , Get the wife to press the test button and lay under it to make sure .

It's probably taboo to ask this here, but has anyone tore open one of these pumps?
some of us a fine with the truth.pacecarta was right on.the m1 will shorten the liftspan of seal compared to say denatured alky.get a gauge to look at pressure and you should send the pump in when you notice the leak.i send mine in every season for prevantative maintence.its far cheaper to not have a problem

you guys build and assemble motors but won't change out a simple electric pump diaphragm.. 12 bucks in parts and 5 minutes of work .. just saying :sneaky:

I just took off my entire alcohol system and converted to E-85 to make things simple.

I have the system (with a new pump) and the tester in a box if anyone is looking for one.

someone will have to take the vendor covering/badging off the electric body of the pump to read the factory sticker.. if its still there, to get the model number.. for parts.. or just send to which ever vendor made up the system..bc its good to keep them in the good graces for customer support!..I was just tying to help some guys save some money and i know how everyone likes fixing things on their own

My pump failed so new one on order from Julio
I have two older pumps without the rubber sleeve and Julio will not rebuild them
So ordered parts to rebuild them myself

My guess is the Methanol eats all the parts I might switch to 100% denatured alcohol depending on cost