You can type here any text you want

Alky control system install questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNbythebay

I been running my new alky control system with denatured alcohol and it been working well but at $18 a gallon I am wondering if there is something else out there cheaper. I want what the best bang for the buck alcohol I read about boost juice, would that be something to consider? Also a little off topic but I just installed a oil pressure gauge and I am wondering what are normal reading for it. What should the pressure be at idle and in drive?

i use sunoco methanol, I know m1 from vp is another option. I just use sunoco because the spot I picked it up from didn't have m1. both are well under the $18/gal you're paying. I paid $4/gal for the sunoco meth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I been running my new alky control system with denatured alcohol and it been working well but at $18 a gallon I am wondering if there is something else out there cheaper. I want what the best bang for the buck alcohol I read about boost juice, would that be something to consider? Also a little off topic but I just installed a oil pressure gauge and I am wondering what are normal reading for it. What should the pressure be at idle and in drive?
I use VP brand methanol also known as M1. Just 2 weeks ago, I bought a 5 gallon can at a local speed shop for about 50 bucks. That's $10 a gallon. It used to be cheaper a year ago or so. Still a good deal though because it ends up cheaper than isopropyl alcohol from CVS and denatured alcohol from Home Depot.

But it's not about it being cheap. It's about it being the right stuff to use. That boost juice crap is something like half water with other stuff mixed in. You don't want to use anything like that with the Razor kit. You just want to use straight methanol because it gives you the best results.

I use VP brand methanol also known as M1. Just 2 weeks ago, I bought a 5 gallon can at a local speed shop for about 50 bucks. That's $10 a gallon. It used to be cheaper a year ago or so. Still a good deal though because it ends up cheaper than isopropyl alcohol from CVS and denatured alcohol from Home Depot.

But it's not about it being cheap. It's about it being the right stuff to use. That boost juice crap is something like half water with other stuff mixed in. You don't want to use anything like that with the Razor kit. You just want to use straight methanol because it gives you the best results.
OK thank you. Would you happen to know anything about my oil pressure question as well?

OK thank you. Would you happen to know anything about my oil pressure question as well?
My set-up is a little different from stock. I see oil pressure around 35-37 PSI at a 1000 RPM hot idle.
Best to post this question in the "Engine Tech" section.

i use sunoco methanol, I know m1 from vp is another option. I just use sunoco because the spot I picked it up from didn't have m1. both are well under the $18/gal you're paying. I paid $4/gal for the sunoco meth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is good too!

Cold start should pin your gauge all the way up, i think most guys would like to see around 20 pounds at hot idle in gear. It does vary though, some get 15, 18, 25. As far as i can tell from all the threads, somewhere between those numbers is acceptable.

Back