Alky Controls Stealth Mode.....

NO1B4ME

First off ..... I would like to THANK Razor for supplying the control sticker(s):D :D Julio understands the GRINNING..... anyways I am pretty sure this has been discussed before, but I haven't seen any pictures.... so I figure I would show you how I did my Alky controls in STEALTH MODE.....if you get your hands on a spare guage trim you won't feel bad drilling into it :eek: for the controls... I also mounted the Bi-Colour TURN-ON LED above the TEST button,so it is inclear line of sight.
Also I have a LOW FUEL module installed,so what I did was the LOW FUEL socket contains both the Alky RED LOW LED which was routed beside the 194 clear bulb by running it over socket lip under the paper gasket ,just move the rubber grommet out of the way or cut it off, then I secured the trim ring.... LOW FUEL lights up YELLOW/ORANGE and the Low Alky lights up the same socket lense RED....DUAL DUTY alarm:biggrin: :biggrin:

Attachments

• Alky Controls Stealth.jpg
    Alky Controls Stealth.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 866
different. i like when people get creative. keep up the nice work

Stealth?

Well if you want it to be Stealth you get a sticker from Julio that says Fuzz Buster and stick it over ALKY. :eek: they'll just think it's a radar detector. Mine is so stealth I forgot where I put it! Actually would like to hide it behind the AC vent in the middle of dashboard, open vent to see light and or take louvered vent cover off to adjust alky.

Actually very clean, very nice work no1b4me!

Man, how did I miss this thread :redface:

Awesome... This is exactly why I made that remote box this way..

Glad I could help.. Thanks for sharing, ;)

Julio

I like it. Just yanked the rear window defogger this past weekend and mounted mine there similar to yours. I like being able to see it in plain view.

Did you cringe a little when drilling into the dash faceplate? I did but oh well on to the next mod.

Check out the pic of my custom install in the Lounge under the title "Whatcha think??"

While installing my new/old stereo system I decided to incorporate the Alky controller and Scanmaster in the setup. I know people will say that the Scanmaster should be at eye level but I hate wires hanging out and stuff on the dash. Besides my numbers are rock solid and my tune is somewhat conservative so I'm not always flrting with knock. It's still easy to take a peek at and, as a bonus, I can see it even when the sun is bright (which I couldn't when it was directly in the glare on the dash). I have to figure out why the stereo mounting kit doesn't allow the bezel to sit flush but other than that I'm happy with the results. Not a completely stealth install but it cleans things up a bit.

Thanks to Julio for the horizontal sticker. Just another example of great customer support.

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

First off ..... I would like to THANK Razor for supplying the control sticker(s):D :D Julio understands the GRINNING..... anyways I am pretty sure this has been discussed before, but I haven't seen any pictures.... so I figure I would show you how I did my Alky controls in STEALTH MODE.....if you get your hands on a spare guage trim you won't feel bad drilling into it :eek: for the controls... I also mounted the Bi-Colour TURN-ON LED above the TEST button,so it is inclear line of sight.
Also I have a LOW FUEL module installed,so what I did was the LOW FUEL socket contains both the Alky RED LOW LED which was routed beside the 194 clear bulb by running it over socket lip under the paper gasket ,just move the rubber grommet out of the way or cut it off, then I secured the trim ring.... LOW FUEL lights up YELLOW/ORANGE and the Low Alky lights up the same socket lense RED....DUAL DUTY alarm:biggrin: :biggrin:
If anyone requires more information or more pictures from in behind the dash bezel Alky Controls install let me know and I will get them....or any measurements to avoid problems during the modification...

Attachments

• Alky Controls Stealth.jpg
    Alky Controls Stealth.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 560
Hey Jolly you copied Me

You have the same radio as me :)
Then again you do have the same car as me also. :wink:
JK about the copy part on the radio, we do both have the same one.

Thats where I have my scan master

If anyone requires more information or more pictures from in behind the dash bezel Alky Controls install let me know and I will get them....or any measurements to avoid problems during the modification...

Example of Stealth

I sure could use a new one of those stickers, but anyway this is an example of how I did the whole alky installation.

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 340