You can type here any text you want

Alky & Hood Scoop & Stuff

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fc227

1986 Grand National
Hello all,

Although I didn't make it to the track to day, I did some testing today with the Alky and Hood Scoop. I was able to run 25# on pump gas. This was in the back yard on, Wheels on bedrock (I don't have a paved driveway). EBrake & brakes on I stalled the converter at 3200 before the wheel's broke loose and bought the boost up to 23-25# with a little Knock.

So I did decide to take it up on the highway, but there was too much traffic do anything, But after the 10 mile Hike I found the Oil punk tank had about a cup of oil in it. And was spraying oil over the engine. This is from the vacuum pump. So I can't run the vacuum pump on the street.

I will be going to the track this Friday for the final test & tune /gamblers race. We see. I might still run the race fuel to set the boost then easy into the Alky.

Well after some testing, I realized that the hood scoop is working better than I am thought. I am leaning the engine out big time. Against the brake I can bring it up to 20 # of boost with the Alky. Car is not moving but the back wheels are :).

But on the highway over 50 MPH, The engine leans out and the boost shoots to 25# and pings, even with the Alky all the way up. So I'm going to have to Fatten the secondary up 4 jet sizes.

Still have made it to the track, because of other "issues". But wait until I get there.

Back