Alky injection??????? pro's/cons???

Dreamn4GN

hey fella's im obviously new to the site here and i do not own a turbobuick as of yet. im jus trying to learn as much as i can before i do purchase one. And ive read on here about the alky injection, i just wanna know what it exactly does, and the pros/cons if any cons. And why does it alow a car to be pushed over 20lbs of boost, if someone could please give me a full run around about the alky injection, it would be appreciated

Alky cools the intake charge and essentially raises the octane rating of pump gas. This will allow you to run higher boost and suppress the dreaded detonation.

It will also keep clean your combustion chambers,pitons and valves.

Absolutely the A #1 best bang for the buck performance/engine safety device available.

Alky cools the intake charge and essentially raises the octane rating of pump gas. This will allow you to run higher boost and suppress the dreaded detonation.

It will also keep clean your combustion chambers,pitons and valves.

Absolutely the A #1 best bang for the buck performance/engine safety device available.

In a nut shell notacarlo has summed it all up for ya same thing i said in your other post about shops in NJ

Only cons I can think of are if you're always getting in the boost the alky tank has a tendency of going low....which means you have to top it off every so often because heaven forbid you run out of alky in the middle of boost. Also finding meth can be hard sometimes, but denatured alky always works, just costs more.

But the pros of alky are definitely greater.

only con i can think of is it requires pulling fuel. i hate pulling fuel to get my a/f's in check. but then again im spraying alot of alky. i have over 25% of fuel being taken out because of the added alky.

only con i can think of is it requires pulling fuel. i hate pulling fuel to get my a/f's in check. but then again im spraying alot of alky. i have over 25% of fuel being taken out because of the added alky.

Why pull fuel, either turn up the boost or just call it even! If you're pulling fuel, your wasting your Alky...