Alky issue

harris48cars

alky has been working great........until I took the car to the track. Increased the alky control from 7/8 to max. I made two passes and the car used the entire resovir. Ever since, I get a red light anytime the car hits any boost. I refilled the resovir and there are no leaks. None. I can’t really get into it because of the red light indicating no alky. The car ran great or maybe it didn’t. 10.46 at 134+ with a 1.86 60 foot.. I’m thinking the alky was too much and may have slowed the car down. Any trouble shooters out there. Help.

alky has been working great........until I took the car to the track. Increased the alky control from 7/8 to max. I made two passes and the car used the entire resovir. Ever since, I get a red light anytime the car hits any boost. I refilled the resovir and there are no leaks. None. I can’t really get into it because of the red light indicating no alky. The car ran great or maybe it didn’t. 10.46 at 134+ with a 1.86 60 foot.. I’m thinking the alky was too much and may have slowed the car down. Any trouble shooters out there. Help.

Red light is indication the system has been activated,green is usually when the pump hit say 40psi.either way you look into monitoring the alky pressure so you know for sure max psi and if the pump has a leak or is coming up slow.

When was the last time the pump was rebuilt?

Assuming you have the system installed in the normal fashion (pump behind the bumper.) Put some clean cardboard under the front of the car. Power brake the car and build boost. Or use the trans-brake if you have one.

Have someone stand alongside (not in front of:eek:) the car and check for leaks and then get out yourself as soon as possible and with a clean brown paper towel (easier to see wetness) wipe around the suspected areas.

Or you can simply apply regulated pressure to the MAP sensor with the key on.

This may at least tell you why you run out of alky so quickly. And why the light never goes green. Need to build 40 psi or so for the light to go red. It can't do that if it's spraying out everywhere including the nozzle!

Or he could get Julio's tester and know for sure if there are any leaks.