You can type here any text you want

Alky kit or Exhaust?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotroy

Hey All! I have an 87 "tribute car/clone" that I bought that I'm enjoying more then my 87 GN when new back in the day. I don't have "GN money in it" so if I break it, I don't sweat it too much.

I have a rosewood car that's a real TR, "Turbolou mutton motor" and a Nick Micale trans and a whole bunch of parts Poppa Lou said to buy, that would make it go faster. And it did! A tenth at a time!

I also have a SWEET Limited from the original owner.

The reason I wrote all of that is to say I'm not new to the Buick TR world. But since I'm just now learning to tune, I could use some help.

The car has 42# injectors, ta 49 turbo, some cam. Trans,suspension, and brakes are ok. All the parameters on the ScanMaster look good. 17# of boost at wot with no kr. I wanna go higher;)

What would your direction be? After I fixed some issues, it's an awesome daily driver. It's fast on the cheep. What would your choice be?

TIA+Cheer's

More boost. How high can you go , do you want to purchase higher octane fuel? Alky kit as above could get you nearly twice the boost or at least half again as much with the same high octane street fuel and not need race fuel.
Boost is where your power is made. More boost, more power, quicker runs. Then you can work over the suspension and get good at swapping tires at the track.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Scanmaster Alky kit and make sure you get a chip burned for the Alky!! Don't just install the kit without a Alky chip

Back