Alky Rules

I have to say that I was a little surprised by the rule about needing to have a complete and functional heating and air conditioning system. These cars are getting a bit old and some may not have the need or extra resources to fix a failed A/C system. I guess only collectable or well maintained vehicles are allowed?

I think that one has been eliminated....I think we were down to if it makes weight it makes weight....I like my a/c, radio, power options..to me it is what makes these cars different than most "race" cars in the staging lanes...I have a cage as well so I'm about 3650 right now...but that's my choice not to gut it out...but if a guy wants to sit on a 5 gallon bucket, drive a car with no interior, windows, or paint...so be it....as long as they meet weight....and don't have a bunch of extra headbolts :D......

I think the guys that showed up in BG represented the intent of the class very well...any one of those cars could be driven down the street without being pulled over...most had dot rubber, most had full exhaust, all were clean and good running...I bet if we ran the program 80% of them would have been within 5 tenths...and from what I've seen...that's anyone's race.

Agreed, the rules posted where 1st run. The AC deal is not a deal breaker. Becuase of age on cars. As a matter of fact, in 2007 we revised the rules to not have all that stuff and simply simplify them. 93 fillup, weight, 75mm turbo limit.

Easy class.. 15 cars at BG this year, ran killed the event.

I think you could have saved some ink if you just stated,

"Bone stock GN with an alcohol kit".

What the heck are you even talking about...The only thing stock on my car is the body and most of the interior.

Edit - Well and most of the shortblock.