You can type here any text you want

All these shims!?!?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Azrial89

Upon redoing all of the front suspension, I noticed as I disassembled... Shims just seemed to fall from the sky. Where in the world do they go?!?

lol, they are on the bolts for the upper control arms. Whenever you redo it you have to count and put back the right amount. Now you desperately need an alignment.

lol, they are on the bolts for the upper control arms. Whenever you redo it you have to count and put back the right amount. Now you desperately need an alignment.
Hate to say it but you do need an alignment now and if you read the stickys in the section look under "Suspension recipes" to find some decent info on the specs you want.:)

Great, thanks guys. As usual, I appreciate it. So apparently these shims did originate from somewhere and not thin air

Pitch Forks from Heaven!! Whats Next..heh
(when take your car in for aligment, they'll add or subtract them as needed)

So basically until I get the alignment and in the way to get the alignment, just mix and match some shims on the inboard and outboard parts of the bolts?

A few years ago,I got home from having a front end alignment.I parked in the driveway,and heard a funny sound,kind of like a handful of change hitting the concrete.:eek:
Long story short,I've never gone back to that shop again!

So basically until I get the alignment and in the way to get the alignment, just mix and match some shims on the inboard and outboard parts of the bolts?

Just leave'm loose, you'll have to tow your car for alignment unless the place is real close to you

Unless you're really good a spacial dementions (sp) and angles you're better off towing it to somewhere that has some sort of clue on how to align one of these cars. Make sure to read the stickys so you can get some idea of the specs you want to run on it.:)

Back