ALL VENDORS. Please consider FLAT RATE SHIPPING.

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Flat rate shipping has been available for a while. USPS, FEDEX, UPS all have flat rate. Have used many of the vendors listed for many many years and don't have a problem with them or the products. Us folks in Hawaii and Alaska get the bone when it comes to shipping. Now with flat rate a lot of extra shipping costs are reduced to the same as state side shipping. I have compared shipping rates conus to conus VS shipping to Hawaii and if it fits in the flat rate boxes then it is cheaper that standard shipping. This only goes for smaller parts but a lot of turbo buick parts are pretty small. At least small enough to fit in the flat rate boxes. Obviously headers, blocks, heads are a different story but please look into it. This is not a bash, looking to improve business and save the customer money and keep them buying.

***This is an OPEN letter and not meant to generate a discussion.
***Moderator, please move if not in the correct forum. THANKS all.

Couldn't agree more...and I would also add that although it may not be the vendors fault, many website shipping calculators overcharge big-time when calculating shipping costs to Hawaii. Yet another reason why we like flat rate shipping. Where possible, I try to give my business to vendors who are either willing to mail flat rate or credits me for shipping overcharges and some of the vendors here are good in that regard.

I don't suppose moving from Hawaii is the solution? :D
Now - I would agree - people living in Alaska got the bone alright.
Like an unlucky lottery ticket.
As pretty as it is for those three days a year.

We do that at Alradco. UPS and FedEx are sometime near double the shipping price compared to USPS. Unfortunately there's been times where it's taken about 2 weeks to deliver to Hawaii, a little over 3 weeks to deliver to Alaska. It just requires extra work on our end and for someone to take the package to the Post Office.

Peter

One solution would be have a friend on the left coast receive what you want and then send it in a flat rate box.;) Canadians so that all the time with parts to save on shipping.(y)

We do that at Alradco. UPS and FedEx are sometime near double the shipping price compared to USPS. Unfortunately there's been times where it's taken about 2 weeks to deliver to Hawaii, a little over 3 weeks to deliver to Alaska. It just requires extra work on our end and for someone to take the package to the Post Office.

Peter

There's a link on USPS.com where you can schedule a pickup. You can even tell them where the package will be if it's too big for the mailbox.

Yup!
I've shipped a bunch of my bumper fillers to HI. If I go UPS, it costs about two hundred and twenty bucks and will get there in about a week. US mail is less than a hundred bucks, but they will wait anywhere from one to three weeks until they fill a container. I don't mark up shipping and give the customer the choice.

I say that what ever we can do to take money from shipping and into our pockets is a good thing. Also, combining orders can save a butt load, if you can do it.

Mike B.

Peter
I'll remember that when I need a new radiator :cool:

All we deal with is USPS to save our customers money vs UPS...We make at least 3 separate trips to the post office per day mailing out packages.. Our suspension manufactures do use FedEx & UPS but for those we offer you members Free Shipping when ever possible !!! ;)

What I have found over the years is smaller-lighter packages are cheaper through USPS.Anything over 10 lbs.is cheaper through FedEx.I went to ship a turbo a few months ago,box was about 15x15x15 went to post office and came up to $52.xx said HELL NO went to FedEx and was $24.xx.So a little more than half the price.I used to ship alot of wheels and FedEX was always $20-$25 per wheel and got where they were going in 2-3 days.Not Bad!!!

All we deal with is USPS to save our customers money vs UPS...We make at least 3 separate trips to the post office per day mailing out packages.. Our suspension manufactures do use FedEx & UPS but for those we offer you members Free Shipping when ever possible !!! ;)
Yet another shining example of how a vendor should accommodate their customers by helping to keep shipping costs down (y) Wish there were more like you out there.

So the the main reason why some vendors choose not to ship via USPS (whenever possible) is because of the inconvenience of having to drop packages off at the Post Office? Is that the only reason? Just trying to understand.

Usps isn't always cheaper I just shipped something out Fed Ex and it was $5 cheaper than ups or usps The flat rate boxes are good if they work for what you are shipping

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Usps isn't always cheaper I just shipped something out Fed Ex and it was $5 cheaper than ups or usps The flat rate boxes are good if they work for what you are shipping

And the Flat Rate USPS boxes are only worth their money if shipped totally across the US! The further the better when it comes to them Otherwise it's cheaper to put your item in the smallest box possible and ship it Priority. Now USPS is including insurance (I think $50) and Tracking numbers for free if your package is large enough to qualify for it, which Most everything we ship does qualify...

When talking about shipping across the ocean then USPS usually is cheaper. Kirban sometimes tells me that UPS is sometimes cheaper though...

Parcel mail USPS for larger stuff is pretty cheap to just takes a little longer sometimes. I shipped a bair bumper for 28$ and it was a long distance.