You can type here any text you want

Allen head oil drain plug

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Looking for GM part number.. or if anyone has a spare one.. PM me.. Thanks.

TTa drain plug

that is the stock plug ? I thought someone before me just put what they could find laying around in the hole.

2QUICK2B6 said:
that is the stock plug ? I thought someone before me just put what they could find laying around in the hole.

I thought the same thing. I thought about swapping it out. lol

2QUICK2B6 said:

nope stock drain plug, it'll give it more ground clearance and aerodynamics under the car I guess. Not that you should really need either for a stock car, but GM put the allen bolt in there.

I ordered a new one a couple of years back (have to look up the part number) and got a standard hex head oil pan bolt ... and not the OEM allen head one :-(

Razor said:
Anyone got a part number for one?
The current part number from GM is 3921988, but I belive it's a regular plug since it's the same part number as a 5.7. Now the old numbers attatched to the new number is 14086055 and 3923420 but not sure if they are allen head or not they changed numbers many years ago back in 1990.

Back