You can type here any text you want

Almost ready to start my 79 sportcoupe regal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikemcvaney

Finally after months of work its almost done. Had the motor bored 30 over and honed with torque plates,forged pistons plasma rings,resized rods with A.R.P. bolts,crank is turned main caps line bored and complete bottom end balanced.IT has a double roller chain a 478 lift with 266 duration on the intake and 456lift with 258 duration on the exhaust. It also has chromemoly pushrods and fully ported intake and exhaust ports valve bowls and combustion chambers with stainless steel valves and last but not least R.J.C. Racing 8quart pan. 2.5 down pipe not very nicley made and fully wrapped exhaust manifolds and up and down pipes

Welcome aboard Mike. You can't post pics until you have 5 (?) posts I think. Keep us posted on what you're doing. That cam sounds just like the one LilSpann used. Check out some of his posts for info.

79 sport coupe

First off guys Im a 43 year old bodyman slash gear head from Omaha Nebraska.I got the car about 11years ago its black with a grey interior.Itwas all origanal paint you could see your self in it. The original bill of sale is still in the glove box best of all I got it for 400 bucks from a pissed off xwife.I stripped it to bare metal and totally disassembeled the body and painted it right. Iwould like to thank my good freind ronny for all his help we did the body in 30 days a few hours anight.Thechrome is now powder coated black,the scoop is functioning via a hole in back ithas agrand national front spoiler with amodified monte carlo ss rear in short it looks bad a _ _.THe front end is lowered about3 inches and has 4 inch wide summit weld copies.Ialso put on a1980 4 headlight header panel because I like it better. The tranny is 700 r4 with acor vette pump and servo. The rear end gears are 342.Still havenot got the bumpers powder coated but soon.Any sugestions on making it run faste or better would be greatly appreciated. come on Charlie.Thanks guys, Mike;

Betwen Aj, Adam, and myself we should be able to get you going right. I found out last Friday that I don't get paid every week so my cash flow is going to be sticky for a while still. As soon as I get every thing squared away I'll finish the turbo and a few other things. Keep watching, it's gonna get interesting for sure.

First off guys Im a 43 year old bodyman slash gear head from Omaha Nebraska.I got the car about 11years ago its black with a grey interior.Itwas all origanal paint you could see your self in it. The original bill of sale is still in the glove box best of all I got it for 400 bucks from a pissed off xwife.I stripped it to bare metal and totally disassembeled the body and painted it right. Iwould like to thank my good freind ronny for all his help we did the body in 30 days a few hours anight.Thechrome is now powder coated black,the scoop is functioning via a hole in back ithas agrand national front spoiler with amodified monte carlo ss rear in short it looks bad a _ _.THe front end is lowered about3 inches and has 4 inch wide summit weld copies.Ialso put on a1980 4 headlight header panel because I like it better. The tranny is 700 r4 with acor vette pump and servo. The rear end gears are 342.Still havenot got the bumpers powder coated but soon.Any sugestions on making it run faste or better would be greatly appreciated. come on Charlie.Thanks guys, Mike;

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see some pics. I'm up in Sioux City. You ever up in the area give me a shout:cool:

sorry was so short earlier.... trying the TB.com thing from the cell-o-phone... not as easy as I thought!

LOL

welcome to the club!

A.j.

I have a feeliing you've been a lurker for a while now Mike. How long you been hiding in the shadows now?

Hi Mike, Sounds like an Great! Buick project. There is absolutely enough human resource power here in the B4Black to help your Buick be better and faster. One thing we all agreed on for sure is that the factory drawthru intakes suck. I hope your valve guides are cut.

....One thing we all agreed on for sure is that the factory drawthru intakes suck....

What is the major design flaw on the intake that makes it so poor? I know the N/A can be opened up as with what Charlie did. But has anyone tried to open up a turbo intake, (is it really neccesary?) :confused:

It's very restrictive Freddie. I'll be opening up one when I finish the turbo. First things first after all.

yes the valve guides are cut more than it needs in case of bigger cam upgrades. I have the machinist from hell chucks the bomb.

Yes the intakes are definately a problem.I beleive on this motor or any for that matter is porting of the heads.Been doing porting since Iwas akid thats one of the reasons I think my 70 eliminator ran so hard. They are your lungs.

MY intake is ported as much as you can on a turbo intake

Don't count on it Mike.:biggrin: I've got some ideas that I haven't gotten to yet.:tongue:

Yes the intakes are definately a problem.I beleive on this motor or any for that matter is porting of the heads.Been doing porting since Iwas akid thats one of the reasons I think my 70 eliminator ran so hard. They are your lungs.

In a mannor of speaking. The turbo is part of it as well.:)

where the hell are the pics already!!!1??:)

WHERE'S THE PICS MIKE??? LOL:biggrin:

79 regal sport coupe.

Got the car running every thing went smooth. The motor is alot louder than I thought it would be,but anytime you build amotor they always get louder. Hopefully will take for adrive today if Ican get the headlights rewired and front header on and bumpers oh yeah aseat and saet belt would be nice the police frown on nobelts.Illget some pics this week for those of you who have been asking the last ones did not turn out.

79 sport coupe

Drove my car today after breaking in the rings I stepped into it until both boost ligths wereon and shifted about 4000 rpm. It screams still have to fine tune it and install the 342 posi it only has I think 220 something rear gears. hopefully in a couple of weeks I will put them in . Gonna start putting the headerpanel and headlights this weekend so itwill be street legal again. Im looking for headers that will fit any one have any.

Back