alright, here it goes...

does the car have a Maf Translator? if so check that. when i bought my GN the 2 previous owners had the same problem, the car would idle horrible and backfire in boost until i replaced it. that's how i got mine for under 6 grand :D

Injector harness is new. I have thought maybe it is the translator....but af readings are correct when stumbling happens? Yours is the first ive ever heard that has gone bad?

The tt chip has been in the car for awhile now, I just tried another computer, with chip properly in place and same thing.

Swap the ecm. !! Try runnig an extra engine ground. Check the pin connection on the coil pack module. Some times they slide back when u tighten it down

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ecm swap didnt change anything....I will try some extra grounds though! Also pins on module are good

Nope. But, it happened with the 204 214 cam when I had it in too, and I believe it was burned for that cam. Now come to think of it, I believe the chip was burned for a stock maf.....I dont think it ever happened with the stock maf???? Hmmmmmm.....

Talk to Eric. I believe he can change it for ya. Tell him what's up.

Walter

That won't matter not that big of a cam
It will only add less then 1% more fuel
I run the same cam in my we4.
Chip only burned for 42's and alky . Rest stock
Run mid 11's no issues.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think it is possibly harness related. But on to the next problem for a moment, the WOT issue where it nisfires and blurps almost like hitting a rev limiter. It only does it in boost, I brought it all the way up to 5500 in first under no boost and it was smooth. I also noticed when it happens I get quite a bit of smoke out back. Either fuel or oil....? It looks to be more white/blue than black. Time to run that compression test. Bad pcv maybe?

It could be a blown head gasket
If the head gasket is fire slot from one cylinder to another it run funny but will give you no indication of a blown head gasket you can check it by pulling one spark plug wire off the coil at a time to see if the idle changes if you pull the plug wire off the cylinder in the idol does not change thats the dead cylinder

Its a standard translator. I havent updated tgis thread in awhile, but I do belive in fact the translator is flaky, causing my idle to be intermittently erratic. The car has died randomly on me lately, good fuel pressure and all. Tapping the translator seemed to work in relation to the stsrting issue but it could be a fluke. The car kept dying on me at a light if I didn't give it gas on another occasion, a s when I wnet over a bump my check engine light would flicker.

If the check engine flicked when you went over the bump then I would double check all the wiring for loose contact or shorts. I had a car that had similar symptoms and it turned out that it had a bad resistor for the timing control on the Translator Plus portion. I don't think the you have the same issue since it's just a translator.
Prasad

Two oddball things to check. One is the fuesable link ring terminals on the stater lug. After 1/4 century they like to break right where the wire meets the ring and will make the car act all kinds of screwey.

The other thing to try is to unplug the cam sensor and see if you can get it to act up under boost.

Also, on the ign module plug.. when you tighten the bolt down, back it off 1/4 to 1/2 turn from bottomed out. That way the pins aren't in a bind.

I had a similar problem. The car would act up at different times for no apparent reason. One day it kept dying on me while i was trying to nurse it home but kept starting ok. Then one time no start. While i was waiting for a friend to pick me up I unpluged and my Gen 2 translator and pluged it back in. Car started up and all driveability problems were gone!

Now I keep the plugs in tight with wire ties and haven't had a problem since. I keep the translator in the glovebox so corrosion wasn't a problem.

I can't tell you how many problems I've fixed just by cleaning and then tightening connectors. After 27 years things corrode and get loose. It's my first go to on most things and usually the problem.