You can type here any text you want

aluminum weight question.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1dollardog

Are we there yet?
How much weight can you loose by switching the stock steel bumper supports and steel drums for the aluminum pieces?

If it's for the 84 GN in your signature than it should have came from the factory with the aluminum supports. Unless somebody replaced them. The codes on the SPID label for the aluminum supports are VD6 for the front and VD7 for the rear.

If it's for the 84 GN in your signature than it should have came from the factory with the aluminum supports. Unless somebody replaced them. The codes on the SPID label for the aluminum supports are VD6 for the front and VD7 for the rear.

I'll check the spid. The rear is for sure but the front is all steel. I figured one had been replaced at some point but didn't know which. I haven't check but would it have come with the aluminum drums as well. I do know that it has a G80 posi. Have read a few threads believing that with posi came no aluminum drums.

Thats a handy list!
handy but a quick check of some of my measurements don't jive with some of those-------for example i got 37 vs 58 for the front and 43 vs 63 for the rear------not that it makes a big difference but i wonder why the difference------i know my scales are correct because i actually have NIST traceable calibration weights in my shop from grams to hundreds of lbs............RC

Back