Am I heading the Right Direction

V6GRANDstang

Whats going on guys. Well for the most part the last two days I been cramming as much GN knowledge to my head that I can possibly do. Ive come up with a begining list of what Im gonna do since Im the loan for the car quite soonTell me what you guys think. This is after the spring cleaning.

Shift Kit
Trans cooler
Al driveshaft
340m Walbro Fuel Pump
Adj. FPR
ScanMaster 2.1
Hot wire kit
Volt Blaster
Big Mouth Lite CAI
160 therm.
Dual Fan
ATR 2.5 dual exhaust w/ stainless steel mufflers

Now I have some random questions Id like to get solved.

What is stock gear ratio?
Whats the tranny name for stock?
What eggzactly is a downpipe and uppipe?

Any other suggestions I should add my main goal right now is take care of the drivetrain (minus converter) and keeping the engine as cool as possible for time being.

Is the GN stock? What are your goals (et/mph)? I don't see a reason for the aluminum driveshaft or the dual fans if the car is stock.

stock gear ratio is 3:42
trans. is a 200R4
downpipe connects between turbo and exhaust
up-pipe connects between intercooler and throttle body

The GN's im looking at are all stock.

My goals are to hot mid to low 11s prolly wanna hit a 10 at least once.

So is the Down pipe and up pipe worth getting now or should I wait till I upgrade turbo/intercooler/TB?

Thanks for the help

You're looking at $6000 at least in mods to do 10s safely.

The trans is a 200r4 the converter is a d5. Do the mods you have listed except the driveshaft and fans, take it to the track and see how she runs before throwing money at it. With just minor mods you can run mid 12s with these things easy. Then once you learn how to tune these cars and get an idea of how you want to get to the mid/low 11s start buying parts. I'm running 12.0 at 115 on pump gas and alky injection. If you want to run good on the street think about alky injection. Its cheap and fun!! Once you start to get to the mid 11s things start to break and get much more expensive. Up to the mid 11s things are fairly cheap.

Like I said it be nice to hit 10s once I dont think 10s are my main goal just mid-low 11s

So let me get this straight. the trans itself is a 200r4 and the converter is a D5?

I plan on going alkie. Prolly gonna get it now in place of the fans and driveshaft.

What chip would be good to get with the setup mentioned above and an alkie system?

Thanks for the help

BLACK6PACK--Thanks for the correction. My fingers didn't type what my mind was thinking. I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestions to V6GRANDstang. :) It is easy to get these cars into the 12's, but low 11's and you have a greater chance of breaking something.