Am I wrong to ask for a Vin # on a car for sale here ?

If you were looking at the car in person would he be okay with you seeing the vin?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I guess he could do that and run the vin in person if he paid for the carfax. I don't know how it take to come back though

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

He will not give up the VIN , He is bout ten hours from me and I don't know if he would let me write the vin down if I traveled that far to look at it . His words was if he gave that vin out it " Was a recipe for forgery " Said I could have the car fax after I bought the car , He said it took him 2 years to fix some problem he had before with giving it out . I know he reading all of this cause he told me that in a text . I'm not doing this to piss the man off and he doesn't understand that . I haven't bashed his car in no way and haven't put his name out and wont . My thing was I wrong for asking for it , He was really pissed at me and said he is done , he don't have to put up with the Bull Shit . But like I said one will come along :)

Tell him its better to be pissed off than pissed on

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Keith, you are not wrong.
It would be a foolish move to buy a remote car without knowing/checking the VIN. The risk is on the buyer, not the seller.
I bought my GN remotely and made sure to run the VIN before I handed him any money. He was fine with it once he was convinced I was a serious buyer.

Nothing wrong with asking for the VIN and absolutely nothing wrong with how you conducted yourself in your post. Don't see why the seller would be pissed at you for merely asking the question. With every car I consider buying I also take into account how the seller conducts himself. I have walked away from nice cars with sellers that I see as potentially problematic. Sometimes things happen for a reason ;).

So I assume he never drives the car or pulls it out of the garage? Or if he does maybe he just puts something up on the dash to cover up the Vin?

It's exposed for everyone to see how in the hell did GM screw that up? :confused:

So I assume he never drives the car or pulls it out of the garage? Or if he does maybe he just puts something up on the dash to cover up the Vin?

It's exposed for everyone to see how in the hell did GM screw that up? :confused:
I'm hoping and pretty sure he is reading this and understands I'm not trying to screw him .

If you lived down the street you would be able to read the vin, go home and "think about the purchase" and work on your nefarious forgery if you wanted to. What would be the difference if giving it to you in this situation?

Besides, forgery. Really? WTF would someone do? Get a new title in their name, when the owner has the original title, insurance and possession? That's just silly.

Yea , I know he is reading this and may realize if I do give me the VIN to run and see that there is no issues with the car then I may fly there and check or have another member go and check it out for me . I'm just looking for a close to stock Daily Driver , Hoping to find grey or maybe white but the wife is set on grey SO we will be getting grey LOL

download (1).jpg

Keith It's only money, you need to have one of those old fashion Mississippi** CATFISH FRY FUNDRAISERS ** . YOU KNOW SHE IS WORTH IT !! Lol..

Are you quoting the " You know she is worth it " from the Van Atkins jewelry commercial ? If so I'm friends with Chuck Cooper here in New Albany Ms that owns the store . LOL

He was really pissed at me and said he is done , he don't have to put up with the Bull Shit .

Maybe, he could shove it where the sun doesn't shine?? That way, no one could ever see his precious vin #...
Just sayin'.:rolleyes: