You can type here any text you want

AM Radio

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta345

How many people here still using there factory AM radio.I have never seen one in a turbo car but mine has the factory Am with power ant.My car is a stripper lightweight 86 T.I wanna install a CD player but keep the AM intact..ANy suggestions???????????

You can install a CD player AND keep the AM radio intact............intact, in a box, on a shelf, in a closet.

Problem solved.

Sorry, but unless you go and splice wires, and hack up the CURRENT wiring, you can't install a CD player anywhere in the car. All other options require ATLEAST an FM radio for FM modulation.

Ryan

FWIW & IMHO:
The best response that I could give you is to "second' what "Spdcer34" advised. Oh, btw, I have a '87 Turbo Regal solid roof, 12K mile car, and it has the original AM radio with power antenna in it, with the power antenna temporarily broken, and it SUCKS. Period. With a am-fm, if the antenna breaks, and btw, it definitely will break, with the antenna in the down position, you can probably pick up quite a bit of FM music and stations, but with an AM only, if the antenna breaks, you pick up squat.
I am going to have the antenna fixed, and have a good Pioneer AM-FM-CD put in.

I'm assuming the radio is 1.5 DIN. Does you car have 4 speakers? or just 2?

I don't know what you know about installing a stereo in a vehicle. But if you spend a couple dollars more, and buy the adapters, you can re-install the factory AM radio if you ever want to again and you would NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) be able to tell it was ever removed in the first place.

Ryan

Don't know, as I can't get anything with a broken antenna, but I believe that it is 4, 2 fnt & 2 rear, at least there's speaker holes in the rear window sill. Damn crank windows, too, and, the biggest screw-up of all: non-cruise control car.

Back