Amp Wiring Problem!

salvageV6

Daily Driver
What amp.?

How is the power wire input set up on the new amp.?

Many are set up for spade lug terminals not ring terminals and they are available in high current models for larger wiring.

Don't really understand the question as posted.

If you need more wiring get a distribution block for the +12 feeds to each amplifier or device.

Basically i cant get the positive lead to screw into the battery. Due to the fact that their is two ring terminals attached. Which leaves little screw depth there for me to work with. One of the ring terminals is for the stereo. The other is for a extra interior lighting (custom map lights).
is there anyway i could solder both to one ring terminal?

also its a 500 watt wiring kit. and comes with spade terminals

Okay gotcha.

I am lucky and have a two post battery side and top so that works well for the stereo hot wiring and regualar wires.

I would still get a distribution block for power feeds with a 4 gauge short feed to the battery and then you can branch off with the other circuits say 8 guage or so. They come in various models and configurations with plexiglas tops and are well insulated.

You know you'll prolly add more stuff on later anyway :).

If not you could solder the map light wire to the top barrel of the stereo ring terminal but you will probably need a butane torch to get enough heat to make it flow well.

I solder all my ring and spade terminals anyway, a little messier but they don't loosen up ever.

Just my .02.

Geez this stereo project is turning out to be more work than i had planned. About how much could i pick up a distrubutar block for bottom of the line. Dont need anything fancy!