You can type here any text you want

Analysis Paralysis

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well I too.wanted a 10sec car and felt I had a great foundation. Pulled the pan and fpund chunks. Took out thrust bearing. Now motos getting rebuilt. I called 3 top tr engine builders and min is 7500 for a built long block. That was me supply heads cam rockers chain. No.way was I.preparred for that but what can.you do now? Id say get the car running right and baseline it. Itemize all you want to do to the car add it up and maybe add another 3k for the might as well.parts and really see if thats what you want to do. Maybe youll be good and can build off your motor. I hope so bc my build is a mild-med one.and.its spirialing fast.
Man, I cannot afford this...........I think I am going to pull the motor and at least fix the many leaks it has, oil pan, turbo drain line etc.....I'm also going to do the RJC head gasket kit. In my earlier post I noted the block casting is 25524140, which is supposed to be a taller deck height than a 109 block. I read somewhere you have to use a thinner head gasket for this block???? I'm doing more research......The car has no Scanmaster either so I am going to order one of those.

I'd get out a legal pad and go down a list with what you have on left half. Then on right half you can list what you want/need instead of what you have. This can be turned into a plan of wants/needs with pricing. This can be turned into a budget. Hard to know where you will end up with just a goal and no plan to attain it. Plan your work and work your plan. Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Leak it down, inspect what you have. If it ain't broke I don't take it apart to fix it. Others like to work on em. I like to drive em.

Good Luck

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Yep, Project Management is also in my skillset at work........My plan right now is to remove the nitrous system, pull the engine and check it out, RJC head gasket kit, Scanmaster, new SD2 chip with Powerlogger, tune....have fun.

Yep, Project Management is also in my skillset at work........My plan right now is to remove the nitrous system, pull the engine and check it out, RJC head gasket kit, Scanmaster, new SD2 chip with Powerlogger, tune....have fun.

Nice. You'll get it figured out and it'll be fun.

I was quoted $8000 for a full forged bottom end with stock stroke, girdle and all of the other goodies. I would supply nothing but the Turbo, injectors, fuel system and a few other odds and ends. This was good for 9 second passes.

$6500 I don't think is going great to do it unless you build yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If you spend the time to do it yourself, you will save tons of money and have the satisfaction of building it. I'm going to build my motor if it ever blows.

Back