You can type here any text you want

another BS question, need to order rims ASAP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

xXch0dyXx

I found some rims that are 15x8 with 4.5 BS, but i read that a couple people couldnt run them because of rubbing, just curious if anyone was successful in running this rim ( 275/60/15 tire)

If not, what is the easiest BS to work with on the rear with a 15x8 rim? I need rims by this weekend because i sold mine, so i have to order asap.

I was also thinking about 15x10's, but i havent found anyone that could run them w/o knotching the frame or rolling the lip.... anyway to get this done, and what BS would it be?

Any help ASAP would be great, i dont want to rub with a 275 at all if possible.

TIA
Cody

btw, 15x7 on the front with 4" bs

I run a 15x10 with a 4.5 BS with a 295/50 and it only slightly rubs when turning out of step uphill driveways. In order to do this you will want to run the aluminum drums ( for the extra offset you need to clear the tire from the frame ) and upgrade your bushings and control arms so that the rubbing is only on rare occasions like stated above. You will probably want to roll the lip with this set up but no big deal IMO. Frame notch not needed for this set up. 325/50 is a different story.

A 275 will stick out over the rim 1.4 inches on each side ( roughly because as you make the rim skinnier you pull in some of the section width due to the bead being closer to the center of the rim ). A 295 will stick out only .8 inches past the 10" wide rim so

Even though I can get away with a 4.5 B.S. on a 10" rim and 295, you could not with a 275 on a 8" wide rim.

If you stick with the 8" width you are going to want a 4" B.S. with that tire.

Aluminum drums will still help keep it away from the frame regardless of what you choose.

so if i go with the 15x8's, then i will need either a 4" BS, or maybe 3.5" if they dont have 4....???

I had aluminum drums but they needed turned so i just bought some stock replacement drums:mad: Although i still have them at home...

On the 15x10, with 4.5 BS could i run a 3/8th spacer and get away with it?? I know it is not recommended AT ALL, but i already have spacers, and need some rims asap, and the rims i want only come in 4.5 BS for the 15x8 and 15x10

I also have lower control arms in route, and air bags in the back currently.

Thanx for the info, please keep it coming, im supposed to order early 2morrow to get them in time:confused:

I found some rims that are 15x8 with 4.5 BS, but i read that a couple people couldnt run them because of rubbing, just curious if anyone was successful in running this rim ( 275/60/15 tire)

If not, what is the easiest BS to work with on the rear with a 15x8 rim? I need rims by this weekend because i sold mine, so i have to order asap.

I was also thinking about 15x10's, but i havent found anyone that could run them w/o knotching the frame or rolling the lip.... anyway to get this done, and what BS would it be?

Any help ASAP would be great, i dont want to rub with a 275 at all if possible.

TIA
Cody

btw, 15x7 on the front with 4" bs

I have 15x10's with 4bs and I fit 28x11'' Goodyear slicks with no rubbing at all and that's still with fender trim. I have just gone to a Phoenix 28.5 x 10.5 and they are a 1/2 inch wider than the 11'' goodyears :eek: so I had to role the fender lip.

For my street tires I have 15x10 5''bs with 275/60/15 M/T's with a 1/2 spacer not a problem at all. I'm running the the Aluma star 2.0's they don't come in 1/2 sizes.

I have some pic's in my profile.

Hope this helps ;)

TTT, 15x8 with 4.5 BS and 275/60/15???? Will it owrk with no rubs??

Found a great deal, but its not worth it if the frame needs touched.

Good info on the 10" rims, thanks. Unfortunetly the rims i found dont have a 10" version, and the 15x10" prostars only have a 4.5" BS....

I don't think it will. I tried 15x8 w/ 4.5" bs on my 87 with MT 26x10.5 slicks (9.8" wide) and the car sat on the inside of the tire. My car is lowered 2 inches also. I am going with 15x8 with 4" bs with MT 26x8.5 (8.2" wide). The 15x8 w/ 4.5" bs wheel may have fit with a narrower slick but it was too close for me. I run GTA wheels with BFG street slicks. They are very close to the frame and my passenger side scrubs when I turn hard left. I am betting the a 4" bs will work but I don't know how fat the tires you want to run are but you can compare them to the sizes I listed above. Good luck.

Back