HI !!!!!

Who's in for another cruzz on Sunday 5-04-08:biggrin:
we meet in long beach then we drive to Dana point

We can Get together in a Dana Point Park
and have CARNE ASADA,,Hot dogs and Burgers OR

Round Table Pizza in Dana Point

and Have PIZZA????

YES OR NO

I'm in for Round Table Pizza in Dana Point. Ralph, you're the greatest. Well, next to Lou, that is. Well, next to Spoolfool2, that is.

Would it be cool if a prospective Socal GN owner joined? I'm in the market and don't have my own yet, but would love to see all your guys's and absorb some knowledge. I'll bring my baby just back from the paint shop after it was keyed...

Attachments

• Cutlass 003.jpg
    Cutlass 003.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 300
Would it be cool if a prospective Socal GN owner joined? I'm in the market and don't have my own yet, but would love to see all your guys's and absorb some knowledge. I'll bring my baby just back from the paint shop after it was keyed...

all invited:biggrin:

nice oldsmbile!!!!!!!!

By all means, come out and bring that Olds!

...But be warned....this Turbo Buick crowd loves to pit against V8's...I caught Ralph stalking me in my 68 Camaro once.... and these guys will be gunning for you all the way down the PCH.

It'll give you a chance to see how quick these cars are!
...And you will see some nice examples

Tim

By all means, come out and bring that Olds!
..............But be warned....this Turbo Buick crowd loves to pit against V8's...I caught Ralph stalking me in my 68 Camaro once.... and these guys will be gunning for you all the way down the PCH..........It'll give you a chance to see how quick these cars are!................And you will see some nice examples..............Tim
Rafael was probably eyeballing your wheel caps, better keep both eyes on them.
Tim: You're much braver than I am.....I would have never said any of that till I found out what's under that hood.

Tis a beautiful Olds. No doubt about it.

This Cutty is a pro-touring cruiser, nothing more right now. I really haven't even touched the engine. It's all been suspension, interior, and finally body work. She's got a nice bark, but not much bite. I'd love to put an LS1 or something in there one day, but that's a ways off. So don't expect much of a fight from me... a regular plain GN, let alone maybe a regular ol Regal would have its way with me. My joy comes mainly from setting off car alarms in parking structures.

I do lurk on there... and have met up with a group of the Socal guys once up in Malibu, although not on one of their canyon runs. I think I'd want to get a new set of brakes before I do that.

Do you guys ever take your GNs up into Angeles Crest or Malibu canyons?

It's no mistake that TurboBuicks resemble a large heavy concrete block on top of the Flexi Flyer sled of 1950's fame. I would love to take a turbo Buick through the canyons, even with a PowerMaster braking system, just not mine.

I would show up to this but where in long beach do you guys meet and what time?

This Cutty is a pro-touring cruiser, nothing more right now. I really haven't even touched the engine. It's all been suspension, interior, and finally body work. She's got a nice bark, but not much bite. I'd love to put an LS1 or something in there one day, but that's a ways off. So don't expect much of a fight from me... a regular plain GN, let alone maybe a regular ol Regal would have its way with me. My joy comes mainly from setting off car alarms in parking structures.

Then my GN is your best shot at keeping it close. Mine is bone stock other than what you see in my sig, so it's probably a low 14 second car...maybe a little quicker...

You'll be able to spot me....I'll be the one with the with sportin' the stylin' tail pipes:p that everyone here is jealous of.:biggrin: They all want to cut them off so they can have them. If someone brings a sawzall and safety glasses to the cruise, I just might let them have the honor once we get to Rafeal's.

That is a beautiful Olds.
I hear you on the LS motor. If I had it to do over again, I'd go for an LSX build up rather than the ZZ502 in my 68 Camaro. Driving around with 550HP and 575 ftlb of big block torque is fun and the sound of thunder it blows when I turn up the volume...there's nothing like it. Scares the stew out of those tuner boyz as I go round them wide open, sounding insane angry and with the tires smokin' and back side kicking out.
...but just under that thunderous roar, I can hear this giant sucking sound coming from my wallet every time I drive it. Gets about 5mpg when I misbehave and about 8mpg when I behave.:eek:

That's where these TB's are cool. I can make it just as quick (or quicker) than the Camaro and still get decent mileage....it's a much more practical ride, but the trade off is I lose that ground pounding classic muscle car appeal that the Camaro has for the addictive boost of the Turbo V6. Both cars get a lot of attention.

Tim

Rafael was probably eyeballing your wheel caps, better keep both eyes on them.
Tim: You're much braver than I am.....I would have never said any of that till I found out what's under that hood.

Tis a beautiful Olds. No doubt about it.

I hear ya, Gary...but the best way to find out what someones working with is to go peddle down:D
Don't worry man....your car won't get dirty for tryin'.:eek: :D

Hey Ralph.....you lookin' at my caps, bruh?:cool:

Hey does anybody have pixs??

Sunday 5-4-08

Also were are we meeting in Long Beach??
Need some help with putting that together.

We should meet up at the same spot as last time, up in signal hill at the top of the hill, it was a damn nice spot and we can chill of a while until everyone makes it, lets say 9am to 10am meet up time. :) for everyone north or south off the 405 fwy, get off cherry go south, go pass willow you will see the homedepot on left hand side, make left at the light right past homedepot and go up to the top of the hill, if you start to go down the hill on cherry and start to see downtown long beach you've gone to far..

Gotta say....I sort of prefer the other starting point we used a few months ago in Long Beach. Bigger parking lot....

But I'll start wherever.