You can type here any text you want

another dumb intake manifold question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JimG

Before i get to far ahead of myself.
Have ported the manifold and now dressing it for reinstallation. Injectors, rail, new harness on. Decided to turn it over and I see that none of the injectors are seated fully into the bores. I am thinking that this is not right.
How does one go about getting these fully seated? The rail is bolted down and there doesnt seem to be any alignment issues else where.
Help, please.
thanks
Jim

I will try to get some, but if i havent been clear i think my new injectors arent seated deeply enough into the bores. When i look from beneath, there is a gap between the base of the oring and the floor of the injector bore.
I am just assuming that the injector nozzles should protrude into the runner port.
correct?

They should just push in. It helps to put a little lubricant (I used trans fluid last time) on the o'rings. Just lube up the o'rings, install the injectors in the rail, set them on the intake, and work them into the intake. Works for me. HTH. james

Also, take a dremmel with the small brass wire wheel & clean out the openings good so there is no crud or paint buildup in them.

Back