You can type here any text you want

Another EVO died last night...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
It was one of the older, better looking ones (I dont like the new body style).

This one was pretty quick.
The guy started following me as I cruised around and made several turns. I was uh....breaking in my new set of spark plugs....that's what I told the wife.:biggrin:

He was keeping a respectable distance, but was close enough to make it obvious he wanted to tangle.

I finally got on a straight so I gave it some boost to see if he would try keeping up...he tried...and he actually did a pretty good job sticking with me even as I opened the gap a little.

Light up ahead turned red as we approached, but it was one of those quick reds so as we got to the intersection (him a fender behind and to my left) I was still rolling about 5mph and he was still rollig about 10mph as he came along side. Light went green and we both nailed it. He stayed on my door as my tires spun a bit, but even as I gained traction, he still stayed on my door with me creeping up just a little and starting to pull away and fendering him.

Wow...I was thinking....this ones got some nuts.:eek: I normally pummel EVO's with much more ease.

We had to get out of it as we were running out of room so both of us let out.

Next intersection we both turned right, and he came along side at about 15-20mph.
We went for it again....I know....racing from a roll aint racing in some humble opinions, but it's where an EVO is the strongest so I figure if I show 'em his roll advantage aint no advantage...then all the better.

Same result but with a lot more room to play it out and zero traffic on a three lane road.

We stayed nearly door to door with me slowly creeping away, but as we went faster, I was opening the lead faster, so it was obvious who owned who even tho' he was doing a respectable job hanging in there. He was actually a tougher kill than that LS6 Z06 I killed a couple nights ago.

We quit, gave each other thumbs up and then just cruised in the same direction for awhile.

Finally ended up at a light next to each other so I asked him what kind of mods he had.

He wasn't much of a talker....probably a little sore from getting beat up...All he would say is that it was mostly stock with some good bolt ons. So I said, "Mine too...mostly stock with bolt-on's" :biggrin:
As the light turned green, I told him, "That EVO goes pretty good...it did better than any other EVO I've killed."
That got a smile out of him.
Neither of us tried to go for it on the green....he'd had enough of beating already and probably figured if he could not get me from a roll, then there was no hope form a dig.:cool:

will the killing never stop?:biggrin:

I hope not LOL

you my friend are a Killer, should have called ur self KillerChicken:biggrin:

Yeah nice one. You still running low timing and boost levels?

I pulled one hard the other day with my 540i. The idiot didn't know that the beamer does very well from a roll ..LOL , six speed doesn;t hurt either :biggrin:

Yeah nice one. You still running low timing and boost levels?

I pulled one hard the other day with my 540i. The idiot didn't know that the beamer does very well from a roll ..LOL , six speed doesn;t hurt either :biggrin:

Running 20lbs and have not touched the timing or fuel that TurboTweak put in the chip....so there's room to tune....:biggrin:

Running 20lbs and have not touched the timing or fuel that TurboTweak put in the chip....so there's room to tune....:biggrin:

Well certainly there is a case to be made to leave it alone since your able to handle most of what you come against. With the ported heads you are running a decent boost level verses say 20 psi with non ported heads. What is your timing set at??

I had my stock WHITE T at 22 psi 18 degrees with propane. Put E-85 in it and ran 24 psi with 25 degrees...holy sh*t what a difference. Spanked an M5 pretty bad and that was from a roll...LOL stock turbo, IC and all :D

My GN has the same turbo you have and your not even running it in the sweet spot yet. I'll be running 100% E-85 with the GN, there is a GTR down the street that needs a talking too , if you know what I mean ;)

Well certainly there is a case to be made to leave it alone since your able to handle most of what you come against. With the ported heads you are running a decent boost level verses say 20 psi with non ported heads. What is your timing set at??

I had my stock WHITE T at 22 psi 18 degrees with propane. Put E-85 in it and ran 24 psi with 25 degrees...holy sh*t what a difference. Spanked an M5 pretty bad and that was from a roll...LOL stock turbo, IC and all :D

My GN has the same turbo you have and your not even running it in the sweet spot yet. I'll be running 100% E-85 with the GN, there is a GTR down the street that needs a talking too , if you know what I mean ;)

I'm not even sure what the timing is set at...whatever Eric put into the chip...I know...how irresponsible of me:biggrin:

My heads are stock. Only thing not stock about the engine is the pistons are forged and the 208/208 cam.

Next upgrade to the engine will be to have the heads ported...just for fun.:biggrin:

Meanchicken, have you had the GN to the track yet? I'm curious to see what times your knockin' down! I don't know how you do it, but your always racing people - me, I can't get anyone to race. They must know what a GN is....:D

If all goes well, I'll be participating in an event at Fontana on Oct 31. It's a special even where some internet producer dude is staging a race between Grand Nationals and all comers. A bunch of us boys from the southwestern section are going to go and be the show. There's a post about it in the southwestern section.

Based on what I've killed, and the way the car pulls compared to other cars I've driven, I'm guessing that on these street radials, I'm snorting around in low 12 territory. With DR's and some work on the tune, I should be able to break into the high 11's.

Next weekend I'll be throwing some Nitto 555's under the back, finally. Going for 275/50/15's with a 1/4" spacer behind them.:biggrin:

Those evo's are nice. Mitsi made a good engine, except for the 2nd gen eclipses. My buddies 1st gen was pretty stout back in the day, it out ran my t-type back then. Good kill, just keep it on the road :D

that car is into the 11's easy with good 60ft

Wait till you add a degree of timing in 1st and play with the fuel tables some.

you need to add the colors of these cars so I can add them into your kill pic..lol

We went for it again....I know....racing from a roll aint racing in some humble opinions, but it's where an EVO is the strongest so I figure if I show 'em his roll advantage aint no advantage...then all the better.

AWD has an advantage from a roll over a dead stop? Strange.

AWD has an advantage from a roll over a dead stop? Strange.

Don't ask me why....but EVO guys seem to claim they have an advantage from a roll.....Something to do with not being able to dump the clutch with enough RPM to keep from bogging....

Don't ask me why....but EVO guys seem to claim they have an advantage from a roll.....Something to do with not being able to dump the clutch with enough RPM to keep from bogging....

That's because they're granny-shifting instead of double clutching like they should! :biggrin:

I have the opposite problem in my Camaro....
I have to slip the clutch a bit at launch or I just blow the tires off.

an Evo isn't in at it's strongest from a roll. They are AWD, they lose a TON of power when they go from a roll. In fact, the only advantage they have is they are AWD and, therefore, can launch pretty hard.

This certainly explains why most EVO drivers tell me they want to go from a roll....:confused:

I'm told....one big problem with AWD and launching a boosted car with all that traction is they grip so well they bog down and loose their boost....unless the driver knows how to really launch an AWD car properly.

Back