You can type here any text you want

Another NA swap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dave Burns

Not sure if this should go here or not but thought I would give it a shot. I am looking at another N/A to FI turbo swap. In simple terms, I want to set a turbo motor in a carb'd 83'. How much wiring changing am I gonna have to do ? I have the ECM and motor parts mostly taken care of. Still need to track down a harness. I would keep the dash, column shifter, cloth bench seat, and such in the car for "appearance" reasons. 8.5" rear swap and prolly a th-400 trans. Not a daily driver, nor a race only car. Weekend toy/driver basically. With a few trips to the track for fun. Wiring is the topic at hand now.

Also I am looking into a FI, N/A wiring harness swap/alter to work too. So any info along those lines would be nice also. If this doesn't happen, the motor will end up in a race only tube car(so I will hopefully need even less harness in that application). Anyways, not looking to clone a GN, but wanting the performance in a weekend driver. Would Love to see mid/high 11's and let the wife drive the car to the store,lol.

Opinions/Thoughts ???????????

Whats up Dave 11's is easy my Street Car runs High 11's in Denver with 150,000 + miles on the long Block with just Bolt-ons

I would look around for a Used Harness.

If you have to go New these Guys should have most of everything you need

Casper's Electronics

SRGN, Thanks for the reply. I can work the fuel pump and wiring. I was just looking for any hints at upcoming "issues". It surelyyyyy cant be as simple as installing the later computer and harness can it ?

Hey Jeff hows the thin air up there, lol ? Yall get hit with the snow last week ? This may be a little project that ends up actually happening. I'm loving working on the tube car, but I am thinking it may not be that fun to drive on saturday nights. You know the drill. I heard Larry found a GN. You have a hand in that one ? It was out west there somewhere.

with the exception of running a few wires wires it is pretty much plug and play. I know that you have to run power to the injectors and run a tan wire to the fuel pump. On my monte, when I do my swap, I plan to run the Gn dash so it will be pretty much plug and play. You say you can do the wiring so this should be a snap.:cool:

Back