You can type here any text you want

Another Newbie

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AR GN

I guess this would technically be my 2nd post since I started one in the suspension forum. I am new to the GN world. I have been a Ford guy most of my life. I was racing Ford Lightnings until a couple years ago ('94 then a '00). I recently purchased a very nice '87 GN from a local racing buddy. It has 72,xxx orignial miles. It has ~ 1100 on a rebuilt engine. Some specifics:

109 block bored 30 with engine girdle and steel center main caps
Stock rods and stock standard crank
JE forged pistons with total seal file to fit rings
ARP hardware throughout
Comp 212/212 roller cam with Scorpion 1.55 shaft mount roller rockers
Champion GN1 aluminum heads (unported) with ARP head studs and Cometic head gaskets
Port matched Champion intake
Ported doghouse, ported 62mm TB and matched plenum with RJC power plate
3.5" LS1 MAF
Extender Extreme and Translator +
Precision T64E turbo
57lb injectors
Stretch stock location Intercooler
Terry Houston Stainless downpipe with cutout
ATR 2.5" dual exhaust with pitbull mufflers
Art Car 9" non-locking 3200 stall with B+M shift kit
Walbro 255 with hotwire kit
Billet Adjustable FPR
The headers, crossover, turbine, and downpipe were all 2000+ coated
BSTC Boost controller
89 F-body radiator and external oil/tranny cooler
Bilstein shocks on all 4 corners

That is pretty much everything. :) It rolled 481 rwhp and 564 rwtq @ 24.5 psi with c16 in the tank. I was told the turbo is good to 30 psi and is capable of making 500+ rwhp. I run ~ 15 psi on 93 octane and it runs pretty strong. Anyway, I am glad to be here and hope to learn much about my new addition.

Previous owner's website pics:

Exterior

Interior

Congrats on the buy...Ive also been a ford guy most of my life. Went from a 99 cobra with an intercooled Novi setup, made 500rwhp, to this. You'll be able to find just about anything you need to know through the search feature, although the search feature seems to have issues. I'll type in the exact name of a thread and it wont find it.
Anyway, you got a really sweet catch. What did you pay?

Thanks guys. I paid under $12k since it was a "buddy deal". Plus he wanted to move it quick to start on his next project. :)

Welcome Pilgrum!

Take the time to learn all you can about how to treat your vehicle and you will have a great experience with it I'm sure. The guys on this board and others are a great bunch and will help when possible. Providing their expertise on any problem. Again, welcome! :biggrin:

Welcome - nice ride!

I too am a recent Turbo Buick convert. Spent my life building and restoring big block musclecars, most recently a 428CJ Ram Air 4 Speed Detriot Locker 1969 Cougar.

I actually remember being impressed with a streetable musclecar that would run 12's. Then I bought an 1987 Grand National, and quickly came to realize a well tuned, basically stock car will run 12's. Cured me of the vintage musclecar habit for good.

Never had so much fun with a car since I got mine!

You may want to invest in a Razor alky kit for that car, it's the single best investment we made on ours. 24 PSI on 93 pump gas and ZERO knock retard. Best of all, you only burn the Methanol when your engine really needs it.

Welcome again!

Back