You can type here any text you want

antenna alternative?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbobooster

ok guys just wondering is the power antenna the only way to get reception? what im really asking is if their is a replacement for the one that sticks out of the fender like an internal one thats not exposed ?

antenna options

I inquired last year at a local auto glass place about a replacement windshield for my GN with the built in window antenna. They are still available and was quoted $125 installed.

Dean

thanx alot guys all that info was very informative and helpful now im definitely going to go with that mod as i see alot of guys have done this already

I inquired last year at a local auto glass place about a replacement windshield for my GN with the built in window antenna. They are still available and was quoted $125 installed.

Dean

Is there a special antenna cord with plug to connect the windshield antenna to the radio? This is a great idea to get rid of the worthless electric antenna. I am tired of the maintenance required to keep them working. My last only made it three months! Very frustrating.

I was going to ask the same question.
I just hooked up the after market FM antenna. You know the black rectangled box that sticks to the windshield.
415bLkbYboL._SL500_.jpg

I can tell you just from my experience this is a POS.

I am now looking at getting a windshield with the wire antenna already installed.

The question is: Where can I get an antenna cable that goes from the windshield to radio?

I dont listen to the radio, problem solved, LOL. CD or IPOD here........... Antenna mast is still in the fender, but the stud is capped off.

I was going to ask the same question.
I just hooked up the after market FM antenna. You know the black rectangled box that sticks to the windshield.
415bLkbYboL._SL500_.jpg

I can tell you just from my experience this is a POS.

I am now looking at getting a windshield with the wire antenna already installed.

The question is: Where can I get an antenna cable that goes from the windshield to radio?

Thanks for sharing. Just saved me money.

okay I found this:

Old Buick Parts - CARS. Inc.

Now how hard is it to install since the car I got didnt come with it?

Cool, finally an idea that will work.

Back