You can type here any text you want

Any aftermarket audio-CD setups w str whl controls

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lynn D. Brown

Hey guys,

Last I knew, nobody offered a radio-CD setup that could utilize our steering wheel controls. Anybody know of any now ? TIA

Frank, you still got yer humor. How you boy's doin'[/QUOTE]

Howdy Glenn!

Good to here from you! We're still rockin on here in Texas. Lynn moved back to LA and I haven't seen the old wretch in a few years. I know both of us miss the old list, it was to much fun. I keep threatening to go to Woodward and Lynn want's to go too but it just hasn't happened yet, maybe this year. HA! I think I'm still hung over from thu last time! :redface: I promised Piper I'd get him a bottle of Perfidio Taquila and I finally found a place that sells it so I guess I'm gonna have to come thru. Bummer!
Well, keep it between thu ditches! You know when a normal person drives onto a sheet of ice the say "OH S^*T!". Texans say "HERE! Hold my beer and watch this s^*t!".:)

this will work when adding any aftermarket stereo.....i can get you one or check you local stereo shop... (just buy a stereo that has a wireless remote, its needed to program this)

Peripheral Electronics

this will work when adding any aftermarket stereo.....i can get you one or check you local stereo shop... (just buy a stereo that has a wireless remote, its needed to program this)

Peripheral Electronics

Yep, I tried and tried to find a factory HU that would still work with the steering controls, to no avail. :(

Your suggestion is what I found to be the best fit too.

Yep, I tried and tried to find a factory HU that would still work with the steering controls, to no avail. :(

Your suggestion is what I found to be the best fit too.

Yes,there are very few oem H/U s that was simular to those of the T/A's. bonneville of the same year(S) might work..... cd players in GM vehicles were rare until 92-93? by then the electrical steering control design was different...

Howdy Glenn!

You know when a normal person drives onto a sheet of ice the say "OH S^*T!". Texans say "HERE! Hold my beer and watch this s^*t!".:)

Piper could use the Taquila, ha. If ya do come up for Woodward try to get here by weds. Yahoo list still works! need you to fire up the stories. Ice You accusin' me of being normal :)

Piper could use the Taquila, ha. If ya do come up for Woodward try to get here by weds. Yahoo list still works! need you to fire up the stories. Ice You accusin' me of being normal :)

Yep sure could.:smile:
The last two years I've rented a building right on Woodward and thrown a pretty good sized party, (heck we were on two of the TV news channels this year) :cool: I hope to do it again this year.
As always all you guys are always welcome.

Hey Gary, thanx alot. That website worked well. It turns out that they have remote control units that will reprogram our controls to various different types of aftermarket radio/CD units. There is an outfit - Pacific something or other in Santa Ana - that carries them ~ $110. However, it looks a little complicated to figure out, particularly for my old, booze-addled brain, so I found another guy who will do it for me - SCSS (South Coast Speed & Sound ?) in Orange, CA. The guys name is ABO, and he did some good work on my GTO gauges.

Anybody wants more details, just EM me.

Back