Any downsides to running low impedance inj?

turboost

I am thinking about just skipping over the 50s and getting some 55s for a daily driver so I have room for future improvement. I know about the ecm modifications needed but is there any problems others have ran into running these kind of injectors in street cars? mpg, hesitation? I plan on getting an ME with it if I do. Thanks

No downsides if 1) the ECM has the P/H drivers, 2) your chip burner has a clue on the particular injector.

Might I suggest going to 65's, as the difference between 50's and 55's isnt much. 50's will go to ~600hp, 55's will support another 50hp, where 65's will fuel 780hp, which is more than our blocks will handle.

Peak and Hold...

They vary the current to the injectors. Something like 8 amps to open, 1 amp to hold open. Require less current, generate less heat.

This is a little of topic...but has anyone tried to run the 50's in a p/h mode? I read somewhere where someone has tried this. Anyone know anything about this :confused:

Nick

Originally posted by boostcreep
This is a little of topic...but has anyone tried to run the 50's in a p/h mode? I read somewhere where someone has tried this. Anyone know anything about this :confused:
Nick

A saturated injector like the 50 will only draw 1 amp (+-). So there is no need to even try and limit it, electrically. A 55 will draw about 8 amps, and at 80%DC that's alot of electrical energy to switch on and off.

Originally posted by turboost
I am thinking about just skipping over the 50s and getting some 55s for a daily driver so I have room for future improvement. I know about the ecm modifications needed but is there any problems others have ran into running these kind of injectors in street cars? mpg, hesitation? I plan on getting an ME with it if I do. Thanks

I've been running 55s for about a year now.
No problems at all.
Great mileage, tuned properly cruise MPG, shouldn't change due to injectors size. But, at WOT you'll use more, but the ride is alot more fun.

Originally posted by 87gn-newbee
JIm, how much are the 65's and where did you get them?

$375, from my friends at PTE of course :)

Originally posted by turboost
Is everybody having good luck running 55s or higher with the ME?

The ME was originally intended for larger injectors. I run 75# injectors and there are plenty out there with 83#s and a few that are even larger.