You can type here any text you want

Any Good Books On Rebuilding Our V-6

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Anybody have any recommendations on any books that detail a performance build of our Buick V-6 engines?

Thank you
~JM~

The Buick Power Source manual is a good book. There use to be a "How to build performance V6's" (or something like that) available that had old but decent info in it. (1980's version) BUT.......TB.com (here) is the best place to read about how to build these things. Ask questions. You'll get an opinion. (and then some;)) Most of the idiots have been run out of here years ago. There are alot of really talented builders on here that are happy to share information. (there are also a few guys that think they know all the "secrets" and will not divilge ANYTHING, because they are the "best" (just ask 'em) :D
Guys like bison, Nick Micale, and a host of others do a great job of helping thier fellow man. I hate to watch other guys make the same mistakes I have learned from.

How to build max-performance buick engines. I haven't read it yet, I just ordered it. It does have some things in it about turbo V-6 engines and performance parts. This book costs about $18.

I also have a book, Guide to buick grand national, t-type & gnx Turbo 6: The facts and figures book. Written by Steven L. Dove. This book is real good and has everything in it and I mean everything. Every part number for every part on the car, talks about the gnx and the grand national, stage 1 and 2 blocks, paint codes and trim options, torque figures, rear axle codes, and exploded view of everything. I can't find this book on the internet, the only one I found was for $875, but that can't be right for just a book. If you can find one this is one that is a must have.

Otes.

book.jpg
book#2.jpg
book#3.jpg

Kirbans sells that book for $25

I seen that kirban sells one like this one with a different cover, I haven't read that one, don't know whats in it. I'm not saying its worth that much, but on this book site they had one new and was asking $875. Don't know why for a book, but its a good book to have.

Otes

I have seen the one on Amazon for $875. The one That I have is the muscle car publications. They want $875 for that one also. The one you have an the one I have were sold by Poston back in the day. They are hard to find now a days. The Kirbans book has similar info. I cant believe they want $875 for those books. Thats crazy

I have seen the one on Amazon for $875. The one That I have is the muscle car publications. They want $875 for that one also. The one you have an the one I have were sold by Poston back in the day. They are hard to find now a days. The Kirbans book has similar info. I cant believe they want $875 for those books. Thats crazy

I thought it was a misprint at first at $875. It is a good book to have and I will probably get the one from kirbans also just to see how close to the same it is as mine.

Otes.

I thought it was a misprint at first at $875. It is a good book to have and I will probably get the one from kirbans also just to see how close to the same it is as mine.

Otes.
Thats what Im thinking Buy the kirban book and then sell mine for like $500.lol. Kirban really knows his sh!t when it comes to these cars . Matter of fact he knows about many different cars as well.

Back