You can type here any text you want

Any news from Osceola?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Otto J

What was the ladder in TSO and TSM?

Did they run off today or is it tomorrow?

Must not have Wifi at the hotels there:biggrin:

I saw the first 2 rounds of TSO qualifying. I thought all the cars ran low 9's on their first runs. On the 2 round, I think only 4 cars ran on the 2nd round, Ted A did a major wheelie and had to get out of it, Fiscus had some kind of launch issue on his 2nd run. Strezo/Lubrant went 8.67@161. The only 8 second pass I saw. Ted A's car looked great. Should ran a good number if he gets a clean pass. The car yanked the wheels up with ease. :cool: I am just going by memory, so don't flame me if you hear differently. :)

I think Walt Judy was the #1 qualifier in TSM. I want to say 9.68?? Not sure.

It was a good turnout. Everything went smooth and there were no oil down. :biggrin: I only saw a few cars break. But never shut the track down. It was a great event IMO.

As for TSM Walt Judy made it his b**ch. Number 1 qualifier and then went on to win the race also. Four cars qualified in the 9s: Walt Judy, Art Frye, Kevin Bolger, and Tim LeMay.
See ya,Kip

Sounds like Walt's getting it done! Last time I checked he is also still running iron heads? Pretty cool to see the "under dog" of TSM get the top qualifier and the win!:cool:

161 MPH for Lubrant's TSO car sounds like a record MPH if I'm not mistaken?? Also might be the fastest car with GN-1 heads?? Weather must be nice:biggrin:

BTW, I REALLY hope somebody got some video as well as pictures from this event to share with us!!!

Ask and ye shall receive.

Dan and the DLS team won TSO.
I got my race report from Dave Fiscus this afternoon. He told me that Dan ran Odell in the final to win. Something happened to Ted's motor today that put him out. Dave also gave props to the DLS crew for having their stuff together and running good.

The track was ok from what I could see on Sat. The facility was nice, except for the bathrooms, but we can't have everything perfect. I've been to worse tracks, but the track was working just fine.
The weather was great when the sun was behind the clouds, but during those periods when it did shine through the holes it was brutal. Towards the end of the afternoon, it started too cool off before the torrential rain moved in. I was able to say hello to a lot of folks out there and to also meet some new guys as well. Here are some pics and some videos I took on Sat.

DSC01128.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

I finally got to make a pass with my GS which was probably her first ever run down a real drag strip. I told myself if she ran anywhere near a 15.50 I would be happy. Well, after flooring it in the burnout box and she dead hooked, I should have flat footed it on the start. But instead I did my baby launch. She ran a 15.18 @ 89 with a 2.20 short. Not too shabby considering I had the trunk and inside loaded down with stuff plus the fact that she's got 146k miles on the clock, she will definitely run 14's with just some easy stuff and a better launch. I was impressed.
I enjoyed the event and look forward to going back next year if they have it there. The trip was easy as well. Congrats again to Walt Judy and DLS on their class wins.

Patrick Rubio

Thanks for the pics and video Patrick.. Sounds like it was a nice event and there were some good running cars as well:cool:

Damn! Dan Strezo certainly knows how to get it done.
Congrats Dan&Joe!

Thanks for the great pic of my car Patrick! Nice seeing ya up there. Let me know when those 3.5" dp's are ready;)

Thanks patrick

That Atomic Gn looks bad a...;) mine pulled the wheels today alittle higher than Kevins picture on my first and best pass ever. i thought U was going to be there today?

That Atomic Gn looks bad a...;) mine pulled the wheels today alittle higher than Kevins picture on my first and best pass ever. i thought U was going to be there today?

Nice meeting you today Tony! How far did you end up going in the brackets?
I got beat in the 2nd round after I decided to dial in at a 10.8 when the car just went 9.9. I caught the other car fast, but pedaled too it much and could not catch back up:mad: It was fun though!

Looser

2nd round too. I ordered a pizza but I was supposed to eat it after the race not at the line. i do that all the time. i had more fun in the TSM class for the first time ever running the pro tree. practice makes perfect though. Be safe and see ya soon.

Sounds like Walt's getting it done! Last time I checked he is also still running iron heads? Pretty cool to see the "under dog" of TSM get the top qualifier and the win!:cool:

161 MPH for Lubrant's TSO car sounds like a record MPH if I'm not mistaken?? Also might be the fastest car with GN-1 heads?? Weather must be nice:biggrin:

BTW, I REALLY hope somebody got some video as well as pictures from this event to share with us!!!

Jim Byrne's Car, piloted by Dan Strezo, ran in the 165-166 mph range back in 2003. The car was slightly lighter, 4-link, 3-Bolt PT 88 & GN-1 Heads.

I think we are currently the quickest & fastest TSO legal class car with GN-1 heads accomplished at a true class race.

As far as any videos, I also wish someone could post any they may have of the race at Osceola.
Patrick posted a couple from Quals...wondered if someone took any from TSO Race day?

Joe

Jim Byrne's Car, piloted by Dan Strezo, ran in the 165-166 mph range back in 2003. The car was slightly lighter, 4-link, 3-Bolt PT 88 & GN-1 Heads.

I think we are currently the quickest & fastest TSO legal class car with GN-1 heads accomplished at a true class race.

As far as any videos, I also wish someone could post any they may have of the race at Osceola.
Patrick posted a couple from Quals...wondered if someone took any from TSO Race day?

Joe

I remember hearing about Jimmy Byrne's car.. I'm sure if you guys took some weight out of your car you could probably run the same MPH, but in any event I'd say your car is definitely the quickest/fastest GN-1 headed TSO car in all the land.

I remember hearing about Jimmy Byrne's car.. I'm sure if you guys took some weight out of your car you could probably run the same MPH, but in any event I'd say your car is definitely the quickest/fastest GN-1 headed TSO car in all the land.

Yes it is. A great team effort by them.

Back