Any news on this Concept car from Dodge---me likes!!

• Thread starter AsphaltAnihil8r
  • Start date
I love that car too, I hope we'll end up getting it. Never been really excited about Chrysler/Dodge car products, but that thing is just plain cool. Very functional too. I read somewhere that they are making it, to be released either next year, or this year as an '04 model. Supposed to have the hemi, I hope. Just as long as they don't drop the ball and underpower it like the PT. No idea about price range, but from interior pic's, it looks fairly simple and functional, not all dolled up like a high dollar car. I hope it's in the mid 20 to low 30k range.

That is a sweet looking car, no doubt. I would imagine it having a good chance at making production, as a lot of Chryler concepts seem to make production more often than GM or Ford.

I really like the Chrysler Crossfire and Pacifica. The Crossfire really needs a Hemi V8 in it...a design that cool should not have an NA V6.

One of my friends already has a deposit on it so I'm pretty sure they should be out in less than 8 months. Chrysler said they will have a blower for it available over the counter from mopar performance. He has a deposit on that too I bealive:D

Passed the Chrysler dealer today,,I did see a Few Crossfires on the lot,but didnt have time to stop:( :( I would have stopped if there was a SRT8:D on the lot...I love it
Cant decide on the New mustang (05) redisgned or the Dodge SRT8

Which one guys,,please help..:cool:

If they do build that car, is it going to have a blower on it for sure???

id buy one if i was looking to buy a new car, man that thing is BBBBBAD!!!

I think that's the concept version of the new Chrysler Pacifica.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think I saw one on the road the other day.
Somehow, I doubt it had a 430 HP Hemi.

Steve

I wouldn't be surprised if it used some parts from the Pacifica, but it should come out a little longer--I hope. Definitely a different car though. I hope the keep the chopped look. A sport/muscle version of the Pacifica. The usual Chrysler/Dodge deal. Hope they don't change it up too much.

More info, a standard dealership info package, I think. I've seen the same text elsewhere:

(At one point they say rear wheel drive, then later they say AWD :confused: )

http://www.southbankdodge.com/MagnumSRT8.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dodge Reveals New Shape of American Muscle with 2003 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 Sports Tourer Concept

Los Angeles, CA, Jan 02, 2003

Dodge Packages a Powerful Punch in Bold New Proportion

All-new Dodge Magnum Sports Tourer Showcases Company's HEMI® Power and Rear-Wheel Drive Performance

Production Version of Dodge Magnum Concept Vehicle To Arrive in Dodge Showrooms in 2004

It's been more than 30 years since Dodge ruled the streets with HEMI® power and rear-wheel-drive performance. Today Dodge unleashed power in an all-new proportion at the 2003 Greater Los Angeles Auto Show with the introduction of its 2003 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 concept vehicle.

"Dodge Magnum is the new shape of American muscle," said Dieter Zetsche, President and CEO of the Chrysler Group. "With its innovative packaging, performance and utility, there's nothing else like it. While Chrysler Pacifica is the premium sports tourer, Dodge Magnum is the performance sports tourer that packs a powerful punch and the functionality of an all-wheel drive sport utility. Armed with HEMI Inside and rear-wheel drive, Dodge Magnum delivers power in a package that offers unmatched flexibility and versatility."

While the Dodge Magnum SRT-8 is a concept vehicle, it provides a strong hint at the first version of Chrysler Group's much-anticipated next-generation of rear-wheel drive "LX" vehicles. A production version similar to the Dodge Magnum SRT-8 concept vehicle will go on sale in 2004 under the Magnum name.

The legendary engine that powered Dodge's muscle cars of the 1960s has been re-engineered and reborn as a modern, high-performance, fuel-efficient and durable powerplant known as the all-new 5.7-liter HEMI V-8. The Dodge Magnum SRT-8 concept vehicle features a supercharged version of the 5.7-liter HEMI, churning out an estimated 430 horsepower and 480 lb.-ft. of torque.

Dodge brings back rear wheel drive to transfer all this power to the pavement through an all-new independent five-bar rear-drive layout. The Magnum powertrain and suspension system work together for a precise balance of performance and handling, making optimum use of all four tire contact patches. For ultimate power distribution, an all-wheel drive version of the production Dodge Magnum also will be available.

"In terms of performance, design and function, the Dodge Magnum SRT-8 concept will leave its mark as one of the coolest vehicles on the road," said Zetsche. "It is aimed squarely at the next wave of automotive enthusiasts looking for passionate performance, an all-new proportion and a vehicle you can use for just about anything."

Following are "at-a-glance" features in the 2003 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 Concept Vehicle:

Performance

5.7-liter supercharged HEMI® V-8 engine (estimated 430 horsepower, 480 lb.-ft. torque)

Electronically-controlled five-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick®

Rear-wheel drive configuration

Short- and long-arm front suspension

Independent five-bar multilink rear suspension

Rack and pinion steering

Front P275/40R20, rear P295/40R20 tires

Deep-dish 20x9" front, 20x10" rear split five-spoke wheels

Dual exhaust

Amenities

Navigation system

Heated leather seats

Leather-wrapped steering wheel with flush-mounted audio and trip computer controls

Power tilt-telescoping steering wheel

Automatic temperature control

Competition gauges similar to those found in Dodge Viper

Racing-style milled aluminum pedals with Dodge Viper hole pattern

Removable cooler in left quarter trim

Dark Slate Gray interior with Ochre accents

Utility

Spacious interior

Trailer towing capability

All-wheel drive

"Extreme access" liftgate

Flexibility

Unique rear gate opening

Cargo volume of 27.0 cu.ft.

Fold flat 60/40 split rear seats with fold-out armrest

Under-floor storage module

Safety

Antilock brake system

Traction control

Electronic stability control

Vehicle architecture supporting all-wheel drive system

Navigation radio with integrated six-disc CD changer

Twin piston aluminum calipers with 345 mm vented rotor front brake

I'm quite sure they'll make it. They've gone ahead on production for the SRT10 pickup and the SRT4 Neon.

Only problem is. All of their vehicles in the SRT line are EXTREMELY limited production numbers, and as such will literally cost you a fortune to buy.

It's a freakin station wagon for crap sakes. I think it's butt ugly.
I just bought a new Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab HEMI and I love it.
Now if they come out with the Charger/HEMI I will be making another trip to the Dodge store. :D

The new 300C is suppose to be priced to compete against the Caddys. I have heard that they are suppose to be priced in the 50k range. I you look at it, the styling reminds me of the early years. I would be willing to bet it was styled after the first 300C. For the SRT8, I would buy one if they made one in a nonstation wagon. I just hope the tranny can hold it.

The Pacifica and Magnum share almost nothing in common. I thought they would be much more similar, but they aren't. The Pacifica is all minivan (Transverse engine) while the Magnum is more like the intrepid/300M (longitudinal engine).

Its strange that two similar cars from the same company could be so different.

A fast wagon is always cool. Just about as hot rod as you can get. Fast and functional. Those of us with a family need to have some fun in our daily drivers too. ;)

The list contiues to grow:

1-TR
2-Magnum SRT 8
3-'04-'05 Mustang/Cobra
4-'70 Formula or TA

I need to win a nice sized lottery! It's been a long time (decades?) since there were so many cool cars coming out like this.

I think the Magnum SRT-8 rocks, and it will be available for sale next spring, if I remember right according to the current Automobile magazine. It sez you'll be able to get it with either a V-6 or V-8, but not a hemi 8 like the concept. A sedan version will follow, which will be the replacement for the Intrepid.

I think this is the best-looking wagon in years -- maybe EVER -- and I'm generally not a Mopar fan. I would be in line for one...if I didn't already have a hotter wagon (see sig)! LOL! ;)

Originally posted by Matt Weiser
I think the Magnum SRT-8 rocks, and it will be available for sale next spring, if I remember right according to the current Automobile magazine. It sez you'll be able to get it with either a V-6 or V-8, but not a hemi 8 like the concept. A sedan version will follow, which will be the replacement for the Intrepid.

I think this is the best-looking wagon in years -- maybe EVER -- and I'm generally not a Mopar fan. I would be in line for one...if I didn't already have a hotter wagon (see sig)! LOL! ;)

P.S. -- I was mildly interested in the Pacifica, but that thing is a P-I-G. My neighbor just bought one and that thing is HUGE. The biggest ASS on a new car that I've seen in a long while.