Any Probs with Sony MP3 players?

Badd Azz TTA

Finally got the Picture
I was wondering if you could help me out here ,I just
installed this unit this week Sony CDX-MP450X and everything works fine except there is no sound when you try to play a cd of any kind ,It brings the titles up for the songs ,and you can hear it spinning .Every other function works,The radio is working fine .

I bought it off of E-Bay and the seller tells me I put it in wrong,which I really have problems trying to figure out exactly how that can be done(Like there are so many things to do when installing a radio.I have no reciept for it from him,He doesn't want to send another one or give me my money back,He says there is nothing wrong with it.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a problem of this sort with a new Sony MP3?

What kind of CDs are you using?? Are you using "Burned" cds or store bought cds?

When you burn cds there should be a setting for the format. Either jouliet or iso 9660.

Try burning them in Jouliet to see if it works, and also try to use a 74 min cd. I use that setup for my mp3 player (Aiwa CDC-Mp32)and it's fine.

Let me know how things work out

What type of system is this in also, factory, aftermarket, or backyard custom

It sounds like it is wired fine or your radio output would not be working, it could be a format setting like CS said.

Originally posted by cousin smooth
What type of system is this in also, factory, aftermarket, or backyard custom

Backyard Custom featuring Hi Fonics Olympus Amp circa 89',2 Fosgate series 1 12's,2 MB Quart 6.5 components w hard dome tweets.Installed in my 1993 Lightning.

I was trying store bought CD's.I have one burnt MP3 that I just dragged the files onto ,it was a 80min cd .Is there a way I can check to see the format of a already burned CD?I thought Jouliet was one that had Folder's designating everything.

I am hoping he fixed that player while he had it,Because I know something was wrong with it.:mad:
Thanks guys,
Jim W

Check to see if you have a car audio dealer in your town that carries the Sony line and see if they can help shed some light on your problem. I only charge $25.00 for the first hour to trouble shoot a problem on a customers car that didnt buy the equipment from us and about 50% of the time I could repair the problem with in the first hour. If it took longer depending on what I had to do, I would cut them a break on the rest of the labor. There could be the possibility of an internal problem with head unit but it is usually cheaper to replace unit with new one than it was for the tech to replace the part and add the labor. I am not sure of their labor rates but if you cant get it going on your own, you might have to take it to a shop. Good luck!

The only reason I ask about the stereo setup is to see if there might be a system conflict. From what you say things should be fine. The way to check the format of a burned cd is to open up your cd burning program, pop in your cd and then go to cd properties. It should tell you if it's Jouliet or ISO 9660, also what program are you using? I use Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum not that that should have anything to do with it, but I have less of hassle when I use it, compared to people I know who use other programs. Also are you using mp3's from the internet, or are you making them?

an mp3 player reads the file like a computer (it thinks it's a specific data file, not audio), if there's a glich in the file you probably won't hear the song, unlike an audio file where it would just skip that part of the song

Go through your settings in your burning program(try Jouliet), and try a 74 min cd data audio

I am using Easy CD Creator 4,The program I got with my Burner was useless(EARLIER CD CREATOR).I normally use half internet,half my files off of cd's ,Which reminds me,When I extract a song from a cd I have a format problem.I used to be able to choose 128,160,192 etc...44100hz.

Now I have all kinds of lower quality choices,mostly Wav's,Does that have anything to do with Windows Media Player,Or Real Player?I have looked all over the CD creator properties and can't find anything.Any Idea's?

Thanks Guy's,
James W.

No, it has nothing to do with media player or real player. It's within easy cd creator. I'm not too familiar with easy cd creator 4, but when I rip a cd I use a different program that I have nothing but good luck with. If you were able to choose before (128,160,192)and now you can't, it would lead me to believe that there may be a glitch with the program. Try uninstalling it, then reinstall the program

Tech support?

If you still have problem after the re-format, try calling Sony technical support. They may have the answer you need, most tech support people I have talked to at various companies have people that know the equipment and can help.

Had the same thing happen to me. Found that if the cd was not closed then some of them would not play on certain players check and see if it is closed.

AJ

Use nero, far better than EZCD. Lets u customise everything u need to.