You can type here any text you want

Any thoughts?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

twodafloor

Twodafloor
Curious for your first impressions- Sat. while driving between 70-75 on interstate, suddenly had SES come with corresponding poor running- did not die however noticed Scanmaster only exhibiting "2.1". no data , car was still barely drivable. got off highway into a parking lot. when I shut off , could restart but same poor running and only 2.1 on scanmaster. I felt had probably had some wiring issue going on and scanmaster wasn't getting data. I pulled ECU cover and wiggled main harness connector. When I tried to restart it would only seem to fire as holding key to start. However now Scanmaster is showing data. I didn't install this scanmaster but its been in car since 07. I will research and backtrack connections. Just curious if you had any first impression thoughts? Thanks, Mark Williams​

What you are describing happened to me about a year ago. I was driving along, then car started running very rough, so much black smoke I fumigated the area. When I turned the car off I couldn't restart it. I checked harnesses, ecu etc... As I was looking through my centre console I came across my emissions chip which I forgot I even had. I dropped the chip in as a last resort and the car fired right up and ran perfect. I can't explain what happened but the chip failed. I even tried putting it back in once I was home to make sure it wasn't just bad contacts but car wouldn't start. Maybe I got lucky and it was an easy lucky fix for me. I hope this helps, if not I'm sure some other more knowledgeable member will chime in.

Jim

Yeah I am thinking a connection issue as well- or maybe ecu crash- I had not really considered chip but at some point I will if it has not responded upstream before that. I really don't want to get in a shotgun "replace every thing " approach. This car hasn't given me an ounce of problem since Steve V. sorted out a bunch of issues about 3 years ago. I have spoken to him as well. Now all I have to do is get some time to look into the problem. Still I am interested in hearing those thoughts. Thanks guys. Mark

Back