Any Trailblazer SS Owners Out There?

I wasn't aware of the warranty difference for the 07-08s. Could someone elaborate a bit more on this?

06 has the 3yr/36,000 powertrain factory warranty vs. the 5yr/ 100,000 mile warranty on the 07-09. Figure $1500 or so for an additional 4yr/48,000 extended GM warranty onany 06 you may find and purchase. It can be a factor/ bargaining point, but I wouldn't let it stand in my way of a nice 06.

Drove the TBSS last night. I could definitely live with this as a daily for sure but ours is the wife's daily and she LOVES it! Solid vehicle, really exceeded all my preconceived expectations!

Hats off to you X-Ray in being a part of this project. Would love to hear more about the development of the TBSS if and when you have time? :cool:

Keep it coming guys, I appreciate all the input and don't mind the debates between the SS & SRT. I will be using it to tow & it seems the SS is better suited for that purpose. The Jeep seems like a great vehicle with better performance, but I'm not looking to race or add performance upgrades. I've always been a GM guy too.

Any unusual or costly maintenance issues that I need to be aware of? I understand the transmission can give problems after performance upgrades, but how about if it's left stock?

X-Ray,
That's awsome that you worked on the TBSS project, thanks for your insight.

X2

I'm looking at a 2006 TBSS AWD... all this information is great.

And yes, the 3 year warranty is over... My questions are:
-anybody heard or have had any major/minor issues with drivetrain? Electronics?
- can I drive using regular unlead gas?
- what is the best gas mileage I can expect on the hwy/city

I too would appreciate more info.

dave

X2

I'm looking at a 2006 TBSS AWD... all this information is great.

And yes, the 3 year warranty is over... My questions are:
-anybody heard or have had any major/minor issues with drivetrain? Electronics?
- can I drive using regular unlead gas?
- what is the best gas mileage I can expect on the hwy/city

I too would appreciate more info.

dave

Trans problems can happen I have heard once you start modding the LS2. You can see a record of that on the TrailBlazer SS Forums. On the gas grade question, yes you can run reg unleaded if you aren't in for "spirited" driving. My wife uses 87 octane with no problem as she babies it. We haven't seen more than 18.5 MPG on the highway, combined city/ highway mileage is around 16 MPG.

how should the tranny shift

Hi TBSS owners...

I went for a test drive in a 2006 TBSS AWD truck today. I don't know these trucks, or how they behave... so the question is... should the shift be firm & crisp. The truck I tested seem to be soft, searching for the next gear.

My TR tranny has been rebuilt it shifts hard. I don't have anything to compare against.

dave

The shift does feel funky mostly , i belive its part of the programing as its a topic ive seen beffore on the forums relating to the SS's

The shifting is soft. I think I read somewhere that decreasing the torque management with a tune or programmer will help that. Honestly, the biggest problem with the SS IMO is the torque management. It hits hard at first, then falls flat, then gradually starts pulling hard again.

I've Got An 08 TrailBlazer SS AWD 3SS Package, Moonroof, DVD Nav, Headrest Factory Dual DVD Players, Bluetooth, iPod, Backup Camera. One Of The First Things I Did Was Get A Basic Tune To Wake It Up. Matt Over At Tune Time Performance Is Toms River NJ Is A Master At Tuning Anything. I Started Small, Debadging, Smoked Out Head & Tail Light. Then I Bought The Keystone Camaro SS Style Functional Ram Air Hood, After The Outside I Went To Under The Hood. I Installed The PCMForLess Trans Cooler, The The LS1 Dual Electric Fans With The SLP 160* Stat. Then It Was The TBMSport Cat Back Dual Exhaust, After That Came The American Racing 1 7/8" Headers With Cats. At This Point I Was Still Under Warranty, Until I Went Inside The Motor. I Had Matt Install A Nice Lopey Comp Cam And Topped It Off With The Maggie 112HH Supercharger. Installed The LS2 Throttle Body, 60# Fuel Injectors, MSD Fuel Pump Voltage Booster And Finished It An AEM 100% Methonal Injection Kit. Matt Then Dyno Tuned Everything On His AWD Mustang Dyno. I've Got 650HP/640TQ At The Crank And 525 AWHP At the Wheels. I Haven't Had A Chance To Get To The Track Yet But I Have Beat Several People On The Street Claiming To Be In The Mid 11's. I Am Still Running the Stock Bottom End Of The LS2 With 10# Of Boost And The Stock Trans With The Stock Converer. I Started Installing My ZEX 100 Wet Shot Kit But Never Finished It, Maybe Next Spring. I Get 8MPG Locally And 19MPG Highway Since The Maggie. I Can Load Up 5 Guys And Our Gear For Quadding And Tow My ATV's On A Car Hauler Trailer 4800lbs And Still Have The Power To Pass People Cruzing At 75MPH. I've Driven My SS On The Beach In N.C. With Wild Horses Next To Me On The Shore Line. I Take It Out In The Snow And Have A Great Time With The Traction Control & Stablitrak Turned Off. Taken Tropheys At The Local Car Shows. All In All If Your Looking For A Great Truck I Would Definatley Recommend The TrailBlazer SS. It's A Great Plattform If You Wanna Mod Too. I've Listed All Of My Pros, The Only Cons I Have Is That I Don't Get To Drive It As Much As I Want To.

206ll55.jpg

34rd5cy.jpg

2zqynv9.jpg

r1la20.jpg

2r5ddug.jpg

5khvyx.jpg

2hriwhw.jpg

2mme0dd.jpg