any turbo buick tuners in s.e tennessee ??

speedfreakv6

speedfreakv6
i am putting my car back together and have alot of new parts !!!! but do not know how to tune properly !!!! can anyone help with this ??? the only guy that used to tune them around here quit !!! scott from n tune wont touch them anymore !!!! ill drive to georgia ,alabama,n carolina !!! dont care just need good tune !!! please, any help will be appreciated !!! thank you !

Oops...Was about to suggest Scott at In-Tune Motorsports. The I read your post again and actually read the post.

yea geeker as we know him around here, quit working on them !!! hes a mustang guru now !!! but hes great with pony cars !!! i have alot of his parts on my car !!! hes a good guy ,just out of the turbo regals !!! it sucks !!!! he hasnt been the same since his g.n burnt to the ground !!! anyothers come to mind ????

Im surprised Scott wont work on them anymore. I know Scott from WAAAAY back.. when he used to work for Nissan. Good guy... If you want to bring it to Raleigh, Ill work on it for you ;)

yea i like scott we good friends, but i dont think he has proper equipment to tune these anymore ??? but how far is raleigh from cleveland ??? just from you professional perspective ,and reading what i have done, what kind of power do u estimate ??? i would love to break into the tens !!!!

hey jay ! just had a guy twistin6 send me a message telling me about you !!!! so i guess we need to talk about getting it to ya !!! this guy says you are a wizz !!!! just want my lil v6 to fly !!!!

I think we could make close to 500 on our dyno with what you have. Thats easy 10s. We took the shop car out last night, which has a very similar combination as you and it ran some easy 6.80s in the 1/8th mile.

sweet !!!! i have some more done thats not posted !!! i also am getting a translator plus and 3.5" maf so that should help fine tune it !!! how far are you from murphy ??? and what do you charge for tuning ??? it will be a few weeks before i have it complete and ready for a tune !!! sounds like a nice drive thru the mountains !!!! thank you for your help !!!

I dont know where Murphy is.. Id imagine we're a pretty good haul for you. We're in Benson, NC if you want to map it. The Translator Plus is no problem.. Good piece and not that difficult to tune.

Price kind of varies depending on how long we spend on it. Probably $200-$300ish.. could be slightly less, could be slightly more.. it just really all depends.

sounds good !!! i mapquested it and your about 8 hrs away !!! but looks like would be a beautiful mountain drive !!! looks like a hotel room and north carolina in my near future !!! is that phone number posted your shop ??? if so i will call you for more info !!! man thanks a million jay !!!

Yep.. thats the shop number.

sweet !!!! i have some more done thats not posted !!! i also am getting a translator plus and 3.5" maf so that should help fine tune it !!! how far are you from murphy ??? and what do you charge for tuning ??? it will be a few weeks before i have it complete and ready for a tune !!! sounds like a nice drive thru the mountains !!!! thank you for your help !!!
After reading through your posts (TurboDave) and I are right here in Knoxville TN and would be happy to help tune your car for you. Dave is GREAT with the translators and has been giving support on them for years on fullthrottles website. Just contact one of us if your intrested.

SW.

man thats alot closer, only about a hour drive !!! im glad this site is here !!! and turbo buick owners are cool with helping one another !!! what is yall number ??? i want to run 10s if possible !!! i see alot of post with guys with alot less done to there cars than me, but run faster !!! its all about tune !!! and putting it to the ground !!! but give me number so i can call !! thank you !!

man thats alot closer, only about a hour drive !!! im glad this site is here !!! and turbo buick owners are cool with helping one another !!! what is yall number ??? i want to run 10s if possible !!! i see alot of post with guys with alot less done to there cars than me, but run faster !!! its all about tune !!! and putting it to the ground !!! but give me number so i can call !! thank you !!
Number is in my signature.. ;) Plus, We have a 1/8th mile Dragstrip right in the middle of Dave and I only a couple miles away.. ;)

We look forward to speaking with you.

PS: I had pretty much the same set up with my old GN and it was a beast! Dave tuned it too... :)

SW.

thank you ! i will be calling ! my name is Blaine ! like i posted will be a few weeks before i have car ready for tune ... but i will be getting with you ! thanks again !!!!

thank you ! i will be calling ! my name is Blaine ! like i posted will be a few weeks before i have car ready for tune ... but i will be getting with you ! thanks again !!!!
Sounds good!

Questions, What are you using as a scan tool? Data Logger? Do you have a Wide Band o2?

It will be easier/more accurate to tune using a WBo2 sensor.

SW.

just running a scanmaster as of now !! and no wide band !!! but i am getting translator plus and 3.5 maf !

the only problem i have right now is cash !!! i dont know if yall heard about joe prebul ,up in k ville but he owned 13 car dealerships !!! one of which i work for, and he has gone bankrupt !!! well he got in some federal trouble !!! i still work at his infiniti dealer but we cannot service vehicles right now ! and im service manager work on commission !!!! so wallet gettin thin !!! so trying to stay on budget !!!

the only problem i have right now is cash !!! i dont know if yall heard about joe prebul ,up in k ville but he owned 13 car dealerships !!! one of which i work for, and he has gone bankrupt !!! well he got in some federal trouble !!! i still work at his infiniti dealer but we cannot service vehicles right now ! and im service manager work on commission !!!! so wallet gettin thin !!! so trying to stay on budget !!!

Heard about that, the guy that services my Sprinter Vans worked at his Chattanooga Dodge store. Luckily for me my guy comes to my place now to service my stuff.

Number is in my signature.. ;) Plus, We have a 1/8th mile Dragstrip right in the middle of Dave and I only a couple miles away.. ;)

Which track is close to you guys? My parents have a cabin in Pigeon Forge, didn't know there was a track in the area. I might be interested in some of this Tune Action. :biggrin: