You can type here any text you want

Any1 Drive without Front Swaybar?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

automorph

Is this safe? It is daily driven in summer but not hard in corners. Any experiences??

Thanks
Andy

I just consider it stupid and dangerous to drive without it.

If you never have to swerve, or quickly turn the steering wheel, then maybe.

Do you really think it will make the car quicker?.
There are other less dangerous things you can do to make you car faster.

Old school trick to disco the front sway bar...problem is it only works on cars that dont have a rear sway bar.

Kinda like having disc brakes in the back and drum brakes in the front...its a bad thing.

Our cars hook......plenty of sub 1.50 TTA's with the sway bars on.

If on the street...put it on.Ive had both with and w/o on previous cars.Wont take it off my TTA.

It does give you better weight transfer but it is...dangerous. There really isnt that much to make it worth taking it off.

My car runs with no sway bar,Handles much better than a GN .

Don't forget this is one of the best handling cars GM has ever built,Low and wide.

Unless your really into turns(Shouldn't be doing 60 mph onramps anyhow)I can't see any reason that it would be dangerous.

I had a mustang GT w/o swaybar in front,Handled like a Pinto(Lil Dangerous)Like they are describing.

Sounds like their talking about 90/10 shocks...

JW :D

I dont run a Front Sway bar. It doesnt handle anywhere near as well as with it on, but its FAR FAR from Dangerous. I still hang on and offramps at 50-60 and have cruised down the highway at 130mph.

We drove the car from Boston to Bristol, Tenn twice with no front bar and I drive the car almost daily in the summer months. After the first couple of days you dont even know realize its gone. Im so used to it now that If it ever went back on the car I'd probably think it was the best handling thing in the world.

It helps weight transfer and takes 22lbs off the front end :D

It sounds like some of you guys have never tried it. All the buick guys around here dont use a swaybar and as long as you have normal shocks its not a big deal at all.

Originally posted by TTA89
I still hang on and offramps at 50-60 and have cruised down the highway at 130mph.

It sounds like some of you guys have never tried it.

Kudos to you

&

That's exactly what I was thinking

JW:D

i drove my old tta around for 2 years without the swaybar and had 0 problems with that car cornering. i drove the car everywhere and not one passenger noticed it had a missing swaybar.
even when i would loan the TTA to GN drivers, they would claim it handled like it was on rails... :p
i even had it off when Butch test drove the car and HE didnt know it was off the car... later that day, i put it back on, and the car seemed to handle the corners better,.. but i dont do that kind of driving much. and sold the car with it back on
NOW on the limited, 90/10 shocks, 28 inch drags, no front sway bar, and 70/30 in the rears, is DOWN RIGHT SCARY trying to get the car to corner!! thats why i purchsed the WOLFE rear swaybar. :)

at the track my #14 tta dropped the 60' .15 when i unhooked the endlinks just for better front end travel.
dont be scared,.. just do it

Back