You can type here any text you want

Anybody ever think of running a Stage II RACE car on methanol??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
From talking to the Import Drag guys, they tell me that if you run on Methanol, tuning is actually easier.

If you go a little rich on the mixture (from max horsepower), it is not as bad as going rich on gasoline. If you go rich on alky, the power does not drop off much like it does with gasoline. If you go lean with alky, it is much worse than with gasoline though.

The guy I was talking to runs pretty rich on the AFR to save on parts.

Originally posted by Taffy
From talking to the Import Drag guys, they tell me that if you run on Methanol, tuning is actually easier.

If you go a little rich on the mixture (from max horsepower), it is not as bad as going rich on gasoline. If you go rich on alky, the power does not drop off much like it does with gasoline. If you go lean with alky, it is much worse than with gasoline though.

The guy I was talking to runs pretty rich on the AFR to save on parts.

Did they happen to tell you about the EGTs they see? I talked to the one guy that was in the Scranton Brother's crew (they have the silver Celica with the 2JZ motor) and he mentioned they see EGTs between 1100*-1200*..... It makes sense that they can run rich and still make good power with Meth..... One of these days I hope somebody runs a serious Buick V6 race motor on Meth (a setup like Bill Anderson's motor or a twin turbo motor like Kenny Duttweiler had) cause I KNOW it will make more power and I think it would be interesting to see how much faster they could run on Meth compared to running on gasoline....

Back