You can type here any text you want

Anybody ever use a Bruno transmission with a Stage II race car??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Just curious if anybody has used one or if they've thought about it for a Stage II (deep 8's and faster) race car......

It seems to get the job done pretty well for some fast (7 second or faster) race cars like Dan Millen's 10.5" tire turbo mustang that has run 7.17 @198mph...... It seems like most 7 second Stage II cars are using either a PG or the 5-speed Liberty, but I've never heard any talk about a Bruno..... They aren't cheap (9-10K) from what I've heard though so maybe that's the reason (too expensive compared to the PG and Liberty):confused:

I'm bored and figured I'd ask a question to which does not and probably will not ever relate to me, however, I'm interested to see the answer I get:) :cool:

I'm bored too so I'll answer you. ;) Pete Bernard has a Bruno in his car after breaking several 400s. He is very happy with it so far (or at least the last time he mentioned it); I think the car has gone some 8.30s with the Bruno setup.

Kendall,

Pete went 7.84 when his stage 2 twin motor was in that car.
Did he not have the bruno in th car at that time???
Did he do the 8.3 with the single turbo stage 1 headed motor???

Originally posted by John Wilde
Kendall,

Pete went 7.84 when his stage 2 twin motor was in that car.
Did he not have the bruno in th car at that time???
Did he do the 8.3 with the single turbo stage 1 headed motor???

I don't remember Pete ever going 7s..I will ask. I don't think he reads this BB much. This is the S2, twin motor. He went low 8s with the 400 but kept breaking it. He had this trick "spragless" deal but it had problems staying together.

Well it's good to hear that somebody has used a Bruno and/or thought about it....
I asked Ricardo LaCosta what tranny he had in his Stage II twin turbo TR at the last monthly meeting we had down here (Ricardo drove his twin turbo Stage II backhalved TR to the meeting because it's only 2 blocks away from his house) and he told me it was a built roller-rized TH-400 (at the Nats some of you may remember he blew up the one TH-400)..... He had mentioned to me that he really wanted a Bruno, but the cost of one was a little much for him!

Guess he's not the only one:D ;)

Originally posted by The Radius Kid
I remember Pete Barton used to run 7.80's or so with one.

You are thinking about the yellow TR from ANS, but Kendall is talking about a different Pete (Bernard) that has a twin turbo black GN.....

Sorry guys, I was thinking of Pete Barton of ANS.
A clutch car will be more expesive to run but will offer
more flexability and about 5mph. Look at Brad Brands'
car. He is Going 204mph with a 3000lbs stang on 10.5Ws.
He is about 5 mph over Millen and Lynch.

Is Pete Bernard still running his car???
If so can we get some updates please?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry guys, I was thinking of Pete Barton of ANS.
A clutch car will be more expesive to run but will offer
more flexability and about 5mph. Look at Brad Brands'
car. He is Going 204mph with a 3000lbs stang on 10.5Ws.
He is about 5 mph over Millen and Lynch.

204mph on a 10.5" W tire!!! I did not know that Brand had run that fast with his 3000lb single turbo SBF Stang...... That is crazy fast:eek:

Steve,

This was at last weekends fun ford race.
He went 202 also. In think he had 4 or more
passes over 200mph!

Steve,

This was a last weekend fun ford race.
He went 202 also. In think he had 4 or more
passes over 200mph!

John, that is very impressive!

I'm guessing he is using a PT-101 or maybe even a PT-106 turbo possibly??

Either way that Stang is flying!!!

Steve,

101mm is the max.
His fastest pass was a 7.26 @ 204.1

Steve,

101mm is the max.
His fastest pass was a 7.26 @ 204.1

Wow he has the mph for an easy 6.80 pass, but probably can't get the car to 60' like it should for that 6 second pass......

Regardless going that fast with a 101mm turbo is awesome considering I saw that Millen ran 7.17 @198mph with a 106mm turbo which wasn't legal for FFW...... Did you hear about that? I read about that a while back in the MM&FF magazine......

Terrible at names. The gentleman at Bristol who had the Orange Regal body had a Bruno. Broke something and couldn't get it running. Will dig up a picture tomorrow.
Last I saw Pete Bernard was at Etown last fall. He ran 8.5 something.

Originally posted by 86brick
You are thinking about the yellow TR from ANS, but Kendall is talking about a different Pete (Bernard) that has a twin turbo black GN.....

Actually,I was refering to Pete Barton.I used to talk on the phone with his dad Ken before his untimely death in a car accident.
I even had an article on the car in ...[gasp!]..."Turbo" magazine[*might* still have it around].
But I'll forgive you for thinking I got mixed up.They're names *are similar*.:)
Wonder if Pete's still got the car.
Used to have one of the best catalogues in the business[think I've still got mine].

Back