You can type here any text you want

Anybody ever use a Bruno transmission with a Stage II race car??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Pete (ANS) sold the yellow car quite some time ago. ANS now specializes in a little bit of everything, I think they were working on a turbo camaro for the shop car.

HTH
Rick Elam

Originally posted by The Radius Kid
Actually,I was refering to Pete Barton.I used to talk on the phone with his dad Ken before his untimely death in a car accident.
I even had an article on the car in ...[gasp!]..."Turbo" magazine[*might* still have it around].
But I'll forgive you for thinking I got mixed up.They're names *are similar*.:)
Wonder if Pete's still got the car.
Used to have one of the best catalogues in the business[think I've still got mine].

My mistake I thought you were talking about Pete Bernard as Kendall was.... Sorry sir and I'm glad you're in a forgiving mood:D ;)

Originally posted by 86brick
My mistake I thought you were talking about Pete Bernard as Kendall was.... Sorry sir and I'm glad you're in a forgiving mood:D ;)

Aah,group hug!:D
Aack,ptui,cough,cough,never mind.:eek:

LOL!:D :)

Glad you liked it.That was my Steve Dallas and Bill the Cat impression that I could come up with off of the top of my head.

So now for the big question:what does "Bruno" do with his transmissions that makes them so special?
Are they based off another trans or are they a ground up effort?

I think it is a LENCO trans with a BRUNO torque conv. unit in place of a clutch.I may be wrong.Their info is: Bruno's Automotive
14A Industrial Rd.
Addison,Il. 60101
(630) 458-0045

Bob Borelli's car has run 7.5? with a Bruno (orange twin turbo car) I opted for a clutch in mine, if I ever get time to iron it out, it should be interesting. Ran it last weekend, 8.30 at 170 on 15#, all the electrical gremlins seem to have been exterminated!! I turned it up to 20# for teh next pass but a fuel pump decided to quit just past the 60' mark. I will say one thing for the clutch, I can spool my BIG single from idle to 15# in just over 1 second.....Maybe it's in the cam:D :D :D :D :D :D :confused:

Bill

8.30 at 170 on 15#......

Originally posted by EightSecV6
Bob Borelli's car has run 7.5? with a Bruno (orange twin turbo car) I opted for a clutch in mine, if I ever get time to iron it out, it should be interesting. Ran it last weekend, 8.30 at 170 on 15#, all the electrical gremlins seem to have been exterminated!! I turned it up to 20# for teh next pass but a fuel pump decided to quit just past the 60' mark. I will say one thing for the clutch, I can spool my BIG single from idle to 15# in just over 1 second.....Maybe it's in the cam:D :D :D :D :D :D :confused:

Bill

Damn Bill I wonder what your car is going to run when you really turn the wick up?! Keep us informed on how she runs and please get somebody out there to get some video of your car making a pass so all of us can see it:) :D :cool:

As soon as I get this website finished, we have some good videos. We have one of the car from idle to full boost, a bunch of popping and banging included!!!! It is shot from the front, fire can be seen shooting from the wastegates.
Bill

As soon as I get this website finished, we have some good videos. We have one of the car from idle to full boost, a bunch of popping and banging included!!!! It is shot from the front, fire can be seen shooting from the wastegates.
Bill

Cool!

Bill

You damn near blew my pant leg off with the thing at the Nats. :eek: Anything that can blow the chocks 30' out from under the trailer is no joke! :D Glad to hear the electrical problems are getting sorted out. :)

Bill,

I am looking forward to your web site and to your next passes at the track with that monster. Please hurry up on both counts!!!!

Did Gary Lee run a Glide or a bruno on his 7.5 @ 186 GN???

Gary Lee's car ran a Bruno W/Lenco 3 speed
Borelli's car has a Bruno W/jericho 3 speed

Dale,

Wonderful to hear from an old school buick racer.
Please let me know what you have in mind for your car this year!!!

Brunos are torque convertor drive units that uses a torque convertor to drive a manual trans...eliminates clutch tunning...there made for lenco, jeffco and liberty manual transmissions..

there costly...proably looking at $8K++ for a bruno/lenco and torque convertor combo...but seems to be the proven in nmca and nmra type racing

more info at www.brunosauto.com

Soon to be famous Brad!!

Wow he has the mph for an easy 6.80 pass, but probably can't get the car to 60' like it should for that 6 second pass......

Regardless going that fast with a 101mm turbo is awesome considering I saw that Millen ran 7.17 @198mph with a 106mm turbo which wasn't legal for FFW...... Did you hear about that? I read about that a while back in the MM&FF magazine......

Oh oh!! Brad's a friend of mine. I do his injectors.. must have been them that got the 200+ out of the car!!:D
We won't hear the last of that for a while!!!!:cool: :cool:

Re: Soon to be famous Brad!!

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
Oh oh!! Brad's a friend of mine. I do his injectors.. must have been them that got the 200+ out of the car!!:D
We won't hear the last of that for a while!!!!:cool: :cool:

Chuck, will you do my injectors so I can go 200+mph??:D ;)

Seriously though that Brad Brand's turbo Mustang is a Baddd mother focker!!!

a clutch is the way to go if you don't have to add the weight - I think sooner or later everyone will have a bruno is some form or fashion unless they start tacking on some pounds for running them. I have talked to a fair amount of Mustang racers that say they would go to a clutch in a heartbeat but they are not sure about carrring the extra weight.

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Back