Anybody from Orlando area here?

GNRick

Retired member
I'm trying to plan a trip to Orlando around Christmas through new years. There are a ton of condos for rent on the internet but I'm afraid I might sign a week rental agreement and then not like the condo/area/neighbors. So I thought maybe I should come down there and stay in a hotel for a night or two while I scout out the area. Does anybody have any suggestions for me? Don't want to spend over $60/night for hotel. Condo can be up to $125/night. Thanks.

I can help you with that. I live about 1 hr away , but i grew up in Orlando. Email me what places you have in mind and I can help you stay out of trouble areas.

Rick, IM back and forth all the time, All along 192 which is Arlo Bronson in Kissimmee, There are cheep flea bags as well as a few nice hotels for around 60.00
Old Town is on 192 as well with car shows on weekends, Disney is right down the road if your bringing the kids.

Most really nice hotels are always booked solid with the timeshare sell.

And please note: if your looking on the web and see the free weekend or special and call, dont give out number until you find out if its a timeshare thing, cause once your on the list, they sell it to every other timeshare thing and you'll never be left alone.

Mike

Well, I think my plans have changed. I was going to drive down from Illinois to Orlando and meet a friend who was coming up from Miami on a bus. Now he wants to stay at my brother's house in Marietta, Ga. That works out better for me, less driving. But now I have to find somewhere around Marietta/Atlanta to stay for a week. I could stay with my brother but my g/f will be with us and that is a lot of people! Thanks for your help, guys.