You can type here any text you want

Anybody in St.Louis area really good with G body Windows?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tb3

elbows & a$$holes
My GN needs both sides adjusted, I've got some wind noise. Body is straight, has power windows and has new window seals. Since these cars are getting more scarce, it would be nice to take it to someone who I know is really good at doing them being they don't have a window frame like most cars these days. I just did a electrical repair to my drivers side window motor, so the trim card is off. I attempted to mess around with some of the adjustments, and got it a little better, but there are so many factors and adjustments to make and I'm just not exp. enough to know a easy way to get it right, right away.

I'd also like to know a place. I'm thinking about trying to work on my Monte Carlo first. I do know a great place to get steering columns worked on - Fitz's.

Craig

I will probably wait a couple weeks or so on this post and if I get any leads. If nothing comes up then I'll probably buy the book and video that I think kirban sells on how to adjust windows for these cars and learn how to do it myself. Installing glass was actually one of the jobs I did at a yard I worked at when I was in high school. But replacing door glass never required any adjusting really. It was pretty much just pulling the trim card, onbolting or unclipping from the track, and installing the new glass. I was usually just replacing the broken glass, not doing any body work or adjusting. I'll be glad to help anybody out locally if I end up having good luck with mine.

Just buy the book. I did mine and it was easy. Only a couple of screws to adjust. Also, probably the felt wore out that keeps the window tight and wobble free. I bought the velcro kit at Auto Zone, just attached the smoother piece in the kit to the little felt thingy and now my window doesn't wobble. :smile:

GNRick, are you talking about Kirbans book or the factory Buick service manual? If Kirbans book, is it just a reprint of the factory manual or a detailed specific book? Just want to know if it's worth the money or a copy of something I all ready have.

Thanks, Craig

Well, I'm not sure if it is a copy of the service manual or not. Can't remember. I do remember that it tells you how to adjust in-out play, and also how to move the glass to tighten it against the front weather strip. It has pics and is pretty informative. If you can follow along in the service manual then you should be good to go. It really isn't a big deal. If you go to Bowling Green maybe Pete Serio will be there and could do it for you. Or you could just ask Kirban for advice since he will be there.

The Kirban's book is NOT a replay from the shop manual. It does have some pics and diagrams from the shop manual, but it is set up specifically for the Regals, and has some pics not in the shop manual, as well as some suggestions for "tricks" not recommended by the Buick books.

Thanks for the info. I just didn't want to waste money buying something I already have.

Craig

Back